What is sacred to you?

Forum rules
You are welcome to have a small talk here
Shannon

What is sacred to you?

Postby Shannon » Sun May 15, 2016 7:30 am

The word, sacred, has two kinds of meanings. First, it can refer to something related to religion or spirituality. Second, more broadly, it can refer to something that one cherishes, that is precious, to which one is respectfully, even reverently, dedicated, such as honesty with one's life partner, old growth redwoods, human rights, the light in a child's eyes, or longings for truth and justice and peace. Both senses of the word touch me deeply. But many people relate to just one meaning, which is fine. So i would actually like to ask you - what is sacred for you? For me it is happines of my family.
Tomislav

Re: What is sacred to you?

Postby Tomislav » Sun May 15, 2016 7:59 am

I think each one of us - whether theist, agnostic, or atheist - needs access to whatever it is, in one's heart of hearts, that feels most precious and most worthy of protection. Imagine a life in which nothing was sacred to you - or to anyone else. To me, such a life would be barren and gray. I think you will agree with me, right? And i am totally agree with you Shannon - family - healthy and happy family is the most sacred thing that can ever be in our life. Without family we are nothing i think and we finally find the right man and have children - we are completed then!
Jared

Postby Jared » Sun May 15, 2016 11:01 am

I can not name one thing so i will make a list for you.
Compassion, Wisdom and Consciousness.
Ability to be present to another human beings world and life.
Forgiveness.
Ability to see we are all fragile, were all little cute babies at one time and come from the same species and forefather.
Love that transcends all selfishness.
Innocence of pure intention and being and thinking.
A human risking it all for another human.
A father love for his kid.
Morningstar

Postby Morningstar » Sun May 15, 2016 1:41 pm

I have a sacred place. It is situated in ukraine actually. Weird a bit. It is an observation deck of Kievo-Pecherskaya Lavra. On the high hills of the right bank of the Dnepr River magnificent Kievo-Pecherskaya Lavra topped with gilded domes is situated. That is why you get a fantastic and marvelous view on the city and drives you crazy. When you stand there you feel absolutely calm and peaceful. Nothing is bothering you. The world seems to stop for a moment. I would like to come back there once again to feel all those emotions once again.
JayCee

Postby JayCee » Thu May 19, 2016 9:01 pm

Well,dude,it's simple for me,and i don't know how about you,if you do have a family or not-but if you ask me,that's what is the most important and sacred thing to me in my entire life,my family. 8-) I'm always thinking about them and worried if they are ok when I'm not around and stuff like that.Some might just call it a paranoia or something-but if you ask me,you can't be just too cautious in the modern world,you know what I'm saying up in here,my dude? ;) So,by any means necessary you should take care of your family. 8-) ;)
hiro

Postby hiro » Tue May 24, 2016 7:49 am

How much was around people seems to be outwardly successful but deeply unhappy and lonely inside! It is a certain self-presentation: they say, look, I'm the same as everyone, I'm a successful, popular, happy, and inside, it turns out, the emptiness... And continues this performance for some time, and then things happen... And fly masks. Typically, a person feels helpless in the face of inevitability, before some force that at one stroke breaks all of his imaginary protection and destroys the usual stereotypes. And then the man remembers that he is a man. Before the forces of nature or force majeure of life he's just a pitiful, helpless, and shallow
Teddy

Postby Teddy » Thu May 26, 2016 6:58 am

Good question!I would divide the answer into several parts:
1) when it comes to personal values, it is the parents, family, children, friends
2) the most valuable quality in a person as a whole, I would say self-sacrifice, as the first and most importantly, will continue to be all the rest
3) of the universal values ​​- it is human life, and all that can and should make it decent.
Still very close to me thought that the most important and valuable in a person's life - it is each meeting. After all, figuratively speaking, if each of its meeting \ everyone will at least be kind and benevolent, how much it would bring the whole of humanity as a whole. I'm not talking about how the world would change if everyone at every meeting to forget about yourself and think about something else .
Stephen

Postby Stephen » Fri May 27, 2016 4:18 pm

Well,I've read my partner's post up in here on this topic-and all I have to really say is that I agree with him in every word he has written in that one,you know what I'm saying? ;) 8-) I mean,what else can be really that sacred to a man who has got a real family-if you really want to know my opinion on all this,then simply nothing,you know? 8-) It's what I really think about when I wake up every morning and the last thing I think about when I go to sleep in the evening-my family,my partner and our daughter.And that's that. 8-) ;)
Sheldon

Postby Sheldon » Sun May 29, 2016 4:56 pm

Would have to agree with the philosopher Aristotle. who stated that happiness, or what he called eudaimonia, is the most important thing in life. True happiness is the one true end in life, everything else is a means used to achieve true happiness. For example, if you're healthy, you're happy. Love leads to happiness. For many people knowledge brings them happiness. many people may even say that God makes them happy. Happiness is the one true goal in life, if we use our innate sense of rationality we can figure this out for ourselves. To conclude, without happiness, life would be dull and not worth living.
Marko

Postby Marko » Sun May 29, 2016 5:14 pm

you know for me the relationships and of course family is sacred very much.
i do not understand people who do not want family or do not spend enough time with their families.
it is awful for me. as for me i spend all my free time with my family.
it is very important for me. your nearest and dearest must be on the first place.
i also want to have my own big family ;) ;) ;)

Return to “Chit Chat”