Wean the child to sit in your arms

Andreas_Maroon

Re: Wean the child to sit in your arms

Postby Andreas_Maroon » Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:39 pm

Paul_O wrote:I wonder if that means they are going to grow up being very strong and independent people.

Not obligatory) I did not like to be carried and caressed on someone's arms.. but I grew up a person who cannot be alone at all.. Perhaps, it could have been vise versa - then would like to be on the hands in the childhood - but these days I would be like Justin - a kind of a hedgehog)) I really like to caress kids.. But not all the kids do love me. some do like to be on my hands - others start to cry, even if they were smiling and laughing before. that is strange, isn't it?:) I think it does depend on kids much, of course. hope that my own kid will feel ok with it)
Ben_Roar

Postby Ben_Roar » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:49 pm

Andreas_Maroon wrote:But not all the kids do love me.

Do not be surprised with that) It is hard sometimes to understand why does the kid like or dislike some thing or the person. It is not based on our adult logics, I think. Beside - if the kid does not want to sit on your lap, it does not mean the kid does not love you. You know they may cry for any reason - and then to laugh.. You should never take the babies emotions really close to your heart! Their emotional expression is the most sincere one, but it is not based on some abstract concept of "treating someone" as if he love s him or hates him.
Andreas_Maroon

Postby Andreas_Maroon » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:55 pm

Ben_Roar wrote:Do not be surprised with that)

I know, but I really do have the feeling that some kids do not love me. Ok, I think that there is something wrong with them, not me.. Maybe they do not like gays?:) I can see the scream in his eyes "Mom, I am not a tolerant person, do not give me to this guy!")) I really hope that my kid is going to be of the kind that like to cuddle and it is going to fall asleep in my arms.. what can be better for the parent?:) If that is not going to be so - and the kid will be afraid of me as well - maybe he will be ok at least with my husband then?:)) Ok, I am starting to say nonsense)
Just_R

Postby Just_R » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:15 pm

Andreas_Maroon wrote:I know, but I really do have the feeling that some kids do not love me.

you know, Andres - i would really like to see the way you are handling kids. What do you do when you are taking them on hands, how do you behave, how do you speak to them... I think that if you are right - and there is something wrong with the way you behave - i would be able to point you to the thing that bothers the kids.. As I told, I am really good in treating the kids - they really like me. And I think that I am able to give a master-class, so to say) there is nothing difficult in that.. but there are some details that really piss of small kids)
Samuel Hunt

Postby Samuel Hunt » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:36 pm

Why are you so afraid even if a child is manupulating you or even he is weaning to do something. He is just a child he will not do any harm to you. That is crazy. Parents have to take care of their children till the end of their days on this earth because they are their blood. And this period when children are still young you have to take double care about them. My parents have brought me without weaning to do something. With age i just understood that it is just not aproppriate to do at this age. It will come itself to child's mind.
Andreas_Maroon

Postby Andreas_Maroon » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:06 pm

Samuel Hunt wrote:Why are you so afraid even if a child is manupulating you or even he is weaning to do something.

the author of this post is a big supporter of the conspiracy theories! He believes that all the kinds that were born after 2000 are secretly influenced by the microwaves , that are being spread by the CIA all over the world.. So when the child wants to sit at your lap or wants you to hold it on your hands - it secretly wants to kill you. True story!) The thing is that there are many silly topics here, as this one.. But why not to have some laugh at that, since these topics are here already?:) I do not mind) We can make up some pretty cools stories about this stuff)
Just_R

Postby Just_R » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:29 am

Andreas_Maroon wrote:He believes that all the kinds that were born after 2000 are secretly influenced by the microwaves

That was a nice one - sounds like the new season of the X Files (which was real s*it, by the way)) We have had our friends at our place yesterday evening, they were with their one and a half years daughter... She is such a cutie) I can notice that I started to be really crazy about the kids since we started the surrogacy program with my husband. She was in on my hands all the time - and her parents were really surprised with that, because usually she behave herself very actively- and it is hard to hold her on one single place. I told them I do have some magic in my hands - they did not believe me)
Williams

Postby Williams » Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:30 pm

i think that it is not very big problem, i do not consider it a problem at all. i have not though about it before but i think that it is natural that your child sits on your arms. i think that he is just not sure in himself , he wants to spend more time wit h you and your attention is very important for him. when he would be more sure in himself then i think that he would not spend so much time on your arms. but of course it is your choice what to do, you may just tell your child that it is not very good to sit on your arms and i think that he would listen to you.
JackHunter3

Postby JackHunter3 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:34 am

it is obvious that your kid has to be in your arms from time to time.. but surely you do not have to do it every time your kid is weaning :) try to make your child independent and not to take him or her into your arms every single time. there are situations which can let you do it and your kid can handle himself.. so do not do it ;)
Benjamin123

Postby Benjamin123 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:36 am

Hmmmm... Frankly speaking I didn't face with this situation. I even can not find some examples how to wean the child to sit in the arms. But I suppose that this idea is good I mean that we should not take on our hands but be sure to sit down and hug, pat on the back and head, kiss. Firstly, it is important to understand that to a certain age usually doctors call six to eight months to wean the child from the hands not only impossible, but also not necessary, and sometimes even harmful. Oh it is pretty useful to know that to wean the child from the hands is needed after the infant period.

Return to “Fathers’ section”