Wean the child to sit in your arms

Martin_T

Wean the child to sit in your arms

Postby Martin_T » Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:25 pm

Get a crying child on your hands - it's an instinct. But some parents are afraid that the baby simply manipulates, naughty and begging on hands due to being spoiled or hazard. But the crying of a child, lying in bed, most often caused by objective reasons. How do you think do we need to wean the child to sit in our arms and at what age should we do this?
Richard

Re: Wean the child to sit in your arms

Postby Richard » Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:34 am

Crying child lying in bed, most often has objective reasons for such behavior. A child is worried. Pain in the stomach, hunger, cold, or wet diapers can cause hysterical crying of a child. Older child may ask for a hand, if he is tired to walk. A child wants to get acquainted with the world. Lying on the back and looking up at the ceiling is very boring, as well as sitting in one place, without the ability to walk. Much more interesting to explore the surrounding sitting on his parents hands. A child is seeking psychological comfort and protection. In the hands of parents around the world does not seem so dangerous. Therefore, you need to do something with you and moreover the time will come when you regret about it!
Ben_Roar

Postby Ben_Roar » Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:31 pm

I would like to see those parents, who are looking on their crying baby, scowling suspiciously, and think "Does he try yo manipulate me?" Come on guys, it's a baby, it is a natural instinct for the baby to want to be carried on the hands... To be protected. Some people are thinking too much, I am coming to believe. And they read too much psychological nonsense. To hold the crying baby on your hands is the most natural thing during all the history of the mankind. And now some people start to think that the vicious babies are trying to manipulate them. Maybe the baby tries to steal your wallet while you are holding him?)
Chase

Postby Chase » Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:03 pm

i do not really think that it is very bad when your child wants to sit on your hands. maybe it is not good but still i think that the child feels that he needs his parent's support. he is very small and i think that he may understand that his parents are his support and help and only they may help him in any situation. and when he cries then he definitely has the reason for it, he is a scared or something hurts and he wants his parents help him with his problem. that is hat i think about this problem.
Andreas_Maroon

Postby Andreas_Maroon » Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:35 pm

Ben_Roar wrote:"Does he try yo manipulate me?"

Parents are becoming more and more paranoid, I see) When you deny the child in its simple wish to sit on your lap... I wonder if you do not feed it as well, because that may be the sign of manipulation too. Come on, what a silly assumption)) The kids are manipulators, that is true, but there is no evil in that for the first time. they simply need extra care to be healthy, and they show they need it. The conscious manipulation comes only with the age, and you will surely know when it comes. Because to hold the baby can be really crucial for its health and normal development. And when your kid has a tantrum over a candy in the supermarket, like in that old advertisement of condoms - that is another thing)
Paul_O

Postby Paul_O » Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:53 pm

wow, I like it) It does sound like the conspiracy theory among the small kids:)) Honestly, for some time I was afraid to hold the child on my hands.. they always seemed to me being so fragile.. And they smell.. Sometimes. but then I did that once, with a small daughter of my friends, and I really liked the sensation) And she did not smell at all)) that was really the nicest part) Now I can say that I really love to hold the babies on my hands... And that I am good at that) they always fall asleep when I am holding them, some friends of mine always ask me to perform that, when their kid gets naughty)
Prescot

Postby Prescot » Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:35 pm

In fact, if we speak about how to wean the child from the arms, it is very important to understand that not to take the baby does not mean at all to deprive the baby’s tactile contact. After all, for the little man it would be a serious stress! Do not take on your hands - but be sure to sit down and hug, pat on the back and head, kiss. Firstly, it is important to understand that to a certain age - usually doctors call six to eight months - to wean the child from the hands not only impossible, but also not necessary, and sometimes even harmful. Wean the child from the hands is needed after the infant period. Secondly, first try to calm him down without taking to hands distract by toy rocking carriage, change the position of his body, turning on the flank or back. If all else fails, you can just touch him, let him feel the tactile contact. So the child will understand that there is nothing to be afraid of, and that the parent is always near.
Just_R

Postby Just_R » Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:55 pm

I may sound like a pretty selfish and brutal person. as some people noted here on the forum) But I really like to hold the kid on my hands! And there must be some magic in my hands, but as soon as I take the child on my hands, it stops crying.. Many friend of mine call me when they have some unexplained problems with their kids, when they cannot fall asleep, for example. Holding the kid on the hands is as natural as the breathing, feeding.. You know. they need to feel the parents protection, at least till some age. It is silly to afraid that the kid can "manipulate" you that way.
Josh_H

Postby Josh_H » Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:39 pm

WHen Marry is weaning, i usually take her in my hands, it is an instict, for sure and usualy she calms down very quikly, but when she does it on purpose, i usualy make her pay attention to toys or some other things in order to involve her in other games.. and she stops)
Brendon_L

Postby Brendon_L » Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:19 am

Kids are usually learn how to attract attntion to their desires by different methods. for examle every time when you say them no they may start to wean and you have to take them on your hands in order to calm down. They are very naughty, people, you know)

Return to “Fathers’ section”