Is it necessary for a child to have sleep during the day?

Just_R

Re: Is it necessary for a child to have sleep during the day?

Postby Just_R » Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:27 pm

Ben_Roar wrote:Justin, that is easier then you think)

Ben, thank you for an advise, but dude, I've tried that! And I tried really hard) I was working our for a whole day, when I had the vacation - just as an experiment, just to figure out if this is going to work. I was jogging, then spent 3 hours in the gym - I am good in that, even worked as the instructor. I spent all the day outside, working out. And in the end - the same thing as usual - I was laying in the bed for an hour and the half with closed eyes, with thoughts rolling trough my mind. And no sleep. Such condition does come to me from tie to time, I do not know that does it depend on though.
Andreas_Maroon

Postby Andreas_Maroon » Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:51 pm

Justin, I am really sorry to hear that you do experience that kind of problems. For me working out is a really great way to chase away the insomnia. Though it is not an often visitor in my bedroom, I must confess) Anyway, you would be really surprised , when you will know what kind of music helps me to fall asleep. Most people advise classical music or some ambient. Nothing helps me to fall asleep better, then the black metal. Melodic black, preferably, with the fat dirty garage type sound. Like the Astral Winter. I do not know why, but I am falling asleep after several tracks)
Frank Thomson

Postby Frank Thomson » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:01 pm

Well, if a small baby doesn't want to sleep it's a huge problem and a consultation of a good pediatrician isn't inappropriate. But it also depends on a child's character and how you organized day time sleep for your baby. I have 2 friends whose children are the same age, but one is eager to sleep at daytime while the other one shouts and cries and doesn't want to go to bed. By the way, the child who is unwilling to sleep at daytime has some problems with sinciput, maybe it has influenced somehow....
Just_R

Postby Just_R » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:02 pm

Andreas_Maroon wrote:Nothing helps me to fall asleep better, then the black metal.

i am starting to afraid of you)) I love jazz and hip hop, speaking about hard music - perhaps, something of the bluer rock, but not harder then that) I suppose that if I would turn on something like Burzum in order to get some sleep - I would not wake up then at all - the devils would tare my soul apart)) No, thanks for the offer - but that is definitely not for me, dude.. Besides, my insomnia bothers me not too often these days... The last thing I want though is to use pills.. i know that however harmless they might be from the words of medics - you still getting the addiction to them, and then there is no way to stop taking them.
Paul_O

Postby Paul_O » Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:36 am

Just_R wrote: I suppose that if I would turn on something like Burzum in order to get some sleep - I would not wake up then at all

He is pretty calm and nice, in comparison to the other black metal bands) You do know that Burzum was actually the father of the genre. That guy does have a really interesting live story. Speaking about the music that may help you to fall asleep - I was always falling asleep, listening to Enya , and that kind of the atmospheric new wave, ambient music. Enigma, perhaps. Gregorians. those are the old ones - and I am sure that there are lot of new great projects right now... but i always liked the "oldies")) Try my advices - maybe some of them are going to suite you?:)
Andreas_Maroon

Postby Andreas_Maroon » Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:34 pm

Paul_O wrote:. Enigma, perhaps. Gregorians.

That is truly enchanting music - i always loved it and adored the sound, as well as the incomparable atmosphere they created. Why I do like black, doom and death metal to fall asleep - is because their sound, however hard and loud it would not be - it is really close to the so called "white noise". Google it, if you are interested to know. That is why it does have this kind of the effect on me. Though I think it is a pretty specific thing, that does work only for me) The idea with Enigma and Gregorians is a good one, Justin - you really should try it!
Ben_Roar

Postby Ben_Roar » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:52 pm

Andreas_Maroon wrote: The idea with Enigma and Gregorians is a good one

You know, this may sound strange - but this music always made me to feel creepy.. Especially some albums. It does attract me - but scares in the same time. Did you ever had that feeling, caused by some musical pieces? I remember the very first dates with my husband - he is a big fan of Enigma. He turned it on when we were in his place.. And I always asked him to turn it off... i had the feeling that someone is watching me while this music was playing. So I really doubt that I would be able to fall asleep with this music playing) Black metal would be better for me)
Andreas_Maroon

Postby Andreas_Maroon » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:52 pm

Ben_Roar wrote:this may sound strange - but this music always made me to feel creepy.

Ben, how can that be?:) You are the first person whom I hear this from! This is a music that makes you feel ethereal, out of this world - that is so.. but creepy?:)) You are a really unusual man! Well, what about Enya, for example? If she does make you feel the same way too - then I do not know... This is not the kind of music that is used for the soundtracks for the horror movies.. Speaking about that.. if you want to listen to some music that really makes you feel creeps - listen to the soundtracks to the Alien and Aliens movies. That is going to be unforgettable)
Just_R

Postby Just_R » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:19 pm

Guys - thanks for all the advices)) you may be surprised - but I did try all the things you advised me - including the music.. i can say that I had really terrible dreams after the black metal)) Though, however surprising that may be - I did fall asleep pretty fast) Though I decided not to repeat the experience. And speaking about Enigma - that worked pretty good. It took a longer time for me actually to fall asleep - but at least I did not have the nightmares) So think I am going to stop on the last variant) I do not remember who's advise that was - but thanks anyway)
Just_R

Postby Just_R » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:20 pm

Guys - thanks for all the advices)) you may be surprised - but I did try all the things you advised me - including the music.. i can say that I had really terrible dreams after the black metal)) Though, however surprising that may be - I did fall asleep pretty fast) Though I decided not to repeat the experience. And speaking about Enigma - that worked pretty good. It took a longer time for me actually to fall asleep - but at least I did not have the nightmares) So think I am going to stop on the last variant) I do not remember who's advise that was - but thanks anyway)

Return to “Fathers’ section”