Is it necessary for a child to have sleep during the day?

Martin_T

Is it necessary for a child to have sleep during the day?

Postby Martin_T » Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:14 pm

I recently read an article about the benefits of an afternoon nap, because naps ensures proper mental and physical development . I know that for many parents this question is indeed a problem. And some are absolutely not upset when the child refuses to sleep during the day and just stop to lay it. How to understand until what age the child is needed naps, and if he needs it at all?
Richard

Re: Is it necessary for a child to have sleep during the day?

Postby Richard » Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:48 am

I think the dream is needed, especially for small babies. Day sleep helps kids cope with emotions and impressions received earlier. Children's nervous system is more susceptible to emotional stress. Daytime sleep contributes to a longer attention span. The kid becomes quiet; he can play a long time on his own and does not require high any attention. Day sleep has beneficial effect on the mental and physical development of the baby, it is a kind of the prevention of a variety of neurological and psychological problems. Only during sleep nerve cells are restored. Daytime sleep helps strengthen the immune system.
Ben_Roar

Postby Ben_Roar » Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:25 pm

It depends on the age of the child. When we are speaking about small babied, their organism has its own biological watch, that are better not mess around with. The child's organism decided itself when to sleep and when it is the time to awake. Small babies sleep up to 70 percent of all their time. When the child grows up, they simply adopt to our usual night - day schedule of sleeping and being awake. And I do not see any problems that can occur here. If the child has an active way of life and up all the day, then it will sleep in this night for sure. If he decided to have a nap in the day time, it is ok as well.
Adam

Postby Adam » Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:28 am

A child needs daytime sleep for normal, full-fledged development. This has a positive effect on the physiology and mental state of the child. A child who had a good sleep is inclined to entertain itself, needs a minimum of outside attention. Such beneficial effect is observed not only in naps during infancy, but also when the baby naps after year. Among other things, day sleep is deservedly considered the primary means of preventing children behavioral and neurological problems when he becomes older. It is meaningless to hope it would be easier for a child who had not slept during the day, to fall asleep at night or sleep for longer at night. Rather, quite the opposite happens: the child cannot sleep at night for a long time because of the excessive emotions, and at night sleeps restlessly, due to the result of exhaustion of the nerve cells.
florian

Postby florian » Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:29 am

Child must sleep during the day at least two times until he become 3 years old and once a day until he gets the age of 6. Day sleep is necessary for kids because it gives them a great rest. Kids spend so much energy when they discovers the world so they can be very tired. And healthy sleep refuel their energy tank :D :D :D . Besides this children grows during their sleep. But, I insist it is a personal business of each parent. When your kid is tired he fells into the Morpheus hugs without your help. Let your kids sleep when they want))
Chase

Postby Chase » Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:54 pm

i think that it is not necessary for the child to have the sleep during the day. if the child wants to sleep then you definitely have to let him sleep but if he does nto want to sleep then it is better not to make your child sleep. i think that the child feels everything better than you think that if wants to sleep then he will definitely show you or just go to sleep. for example we have the daughter and we never make her sleep, she just seeps when she wants and i think that it is really right.
Andreas_Maroon

Postby Andreas_Maroon » Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:53 pm

florian wrote:Child must sleep during the day at least two times until he become 3 years old and once a day until he gets the age of 6.

Interesting, I rad some other information. The numbers were slightly different, but the point was clear, that the kid needs to have some day sleep. I think this is a matter that he organism is able to control by itself. I mean, when you want to sleep, that means that you need to sleep. therefore, you go to sleep. That is it. Some people need more sleep , some less. It is the same with kids. I do not think it is a good idea to "force" the kid to have a nap when he does not want to. You will just piss off the little guy, and he will have its revenge, by being awake all the night long)
Paul_O

Postby Paul_O » Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:46 pm

I must agree with Andreas.. this is not a thing that you need to control.. Imagine, how hard it would be to live, if we would have to control all the physiological functions of our bodies! the heartbeat, the breathing, the peristaltic of the intestines. And the sleep is the same function, but more imperceptible and complicated. The kid knows better, when he wants to sleep. You can influence on that , of course, making the kid to use to some kind of constant schedule, that is pretty useful. But there is no need to make a kind of a problem of that) Ok...I want to sleep now, bye))
Prescot

Postby Prescot » Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:41 pm

Throughout the day, the nervous system very quickly overworks because of the huge abundance of impressions. In order to somehow absorb such a large flow of information and to restore nerve cells, the baby needs rest. Also daytime sleep is very important, it helps not to disrupt biological rhythms of the baby’s organism. After all, surely all of you are aware that many geniuses made their discoveries in a dream, because for the attainment of knowledge and power we all need time and strength. Especially important day rest and sleep for babies, in which the flow of information is excessive and quite versatile. If you with your child attend special educational classes, in its environment appear new sounds, actions, smells, words. And all of them need to be "digested". And it contributes to better assimilation of new material is an afternoon nap.
Just_R

Postby Just_R » Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:53 pm

"The British scientists said that.." dude, cut it out with all that cutting edge scientific facts! You eat when you want to eat, go to toilet when you want to and sleep when you want to as well. and kid is not much different in that way from an adult... I am sure that we will read newspaper articles soon like these ones : "the scientists proven the necessity of urinating three times a day". Dont make such a basic and simple thing that complicated, please) You are only making me laugh) Your kids body knows perfectly when it does need sleep, it knows that better then you do, that is for sure)

Return to “Fathers’ section”