How I became a happy dad!)

V_Vegas

Re: How I became a happy dad!)

Postby V_Vegas » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:20 am

Ben_Roar wrote:. What I am saying is that I would like to be able to know, what kind of the person that woman is,

i am agree with you. there is an option, though, and I am sure you knew about it. There are anonymous and known egg donors, did your agency inform you about that? You are able to ask your close friend or relative to become the egg donor. Then you will be sure that your child will inherit the qualities that you know and that you approve. I am sure you were told about this option. On the other hand - that does raise some additional questions, and does put you to some extent of risk from the law point of view. But in this case you would not worry about the genetic heritage of your child.
Ben_Roar

Postby Ben_Roar » Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:55 pm

V_Vegas wrote:i am agree with you. there is an option, though, and I am sure you knew about it.

Yes, I did know about that option - but we decided not to use it. We even discussed with our families - both me and my husband. But we decided that it would be better, if it would be an anonymous person, but a stranger one.. i mean.. Well - if Susan would be the biological daughter of my sister, or my mother for example... No, that is not possible at all, that is inbreeding. And if the egg donor would be a friend of mine - then she would have the rights for the kid as well - and she would feel the obligations as well.. no - that was to complicated. It is better to let the agency to choose.
Just_R

Postby Just_R » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:29 pm

Ben_Roar wrote: No, that is not possible at all, that is inbreeding.

Why not, Ben? It was quite popular in your beloved England, among such well respected people as the nobles and royal dynasties!) kidding) I am agree about that with you. I do not think that there is a possibility for the inbreeding here. I mean - even if that is allowed by the agency rules - you know that inbreeding leads to the genetic degradation. Your child may be born with terrible flaws and diseases. You would not want to see that I am sure. And that is quite possible, if the egg donor will be someone of your relatives. So that is a pretty bad option)
Andreas_Maroon

Postby Andreas_Maroon » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:46 pm

Just_R wrote: I do not think that there is a possibility for the inbreeding here.

When I was reading the article about the egg donors on one site - it was said there - "friends, or relatives". Those can be not your relatives actually... Or you might not be the genetic father. For example - if your friend is the genetic father - and your sister is the egg donor. Then there will be no genetic degeneration. But that would be weird anyway.. I mean.. I am a gay, a person with a non standard thinking - but this would be too much for me as well, I think) So I would prefer that second option of the anonymous donor of the egg.
Ben_Roar

Postby Ben_Roar » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:41 pm

I asked a friend of mine recently - who is in the surrogacy program now - he says that today , at least in his agency, they do have the right to see the personal info of the woman - egg donor. Basically, the doctor who is managing their program is choosing the woman , who is as close as it is possible to the phenotype of the father.. Phenotype is the amount of all the physical features of the specimen. The father, in this case) But if the client wants - he can choose that himself. He is going to see the picture of the egg donor - and he will decide, if that is the kind of outlook he wants his kid to inherit.
Paul_O

Postby Paul_O » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:39 pm

Ben_Roar wrote: they do have the right to see the personal info of the woman - egg donor.

In the most part of the agencies, as I know. Well, what if you are a racist, for example?:) and you do not want to have the black kid?:) i am kidding of course) Even if you are going to leave the choice for the medics - they will choose the egg donor that looks like you, as much as it can be in this case. That is what they do by default. If you want to have some diversity in the genetics of your kid - you can ask them to show you what do they have to choose from, so to say) I will trust the doctors.. I do not really care about the outlook. I am sure there are no ugly ones in their disposal)
Andreas_Maroon

Postby Andreas_Maroon » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:28 pm

Paul_O wrote:I am sure there are no ugly ones in their disposal)

You can not know that for sure, friend) The only thing you can be sure of is that they do not have any with any kind of diseases that your child may suffer from in the future. and the outlook - is a pretty relative thing. Some people do have tastes, that make you think they are some kind of perverts) We are going to a trip soon , with all the family - by this i mean three of us, of course) We are going to the Lands End - Cornwall. the most amazing place in the Great Britain (by my personal chart)) Maybe I am going to post some pictures here soon)
Paul_O

Postby Paul_O » Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:54 pm

Andreas_Maroon wrote: and the outlook - is a pretty relative thing.
Even though it is relative - I am sure that in some close future we are going to witness the new branch of the surrogacy - the designed children. I can already imagine all the social resonance that will cause! But that is not so distant future am talking about here - this is the technology that people already posses - and it will be a matter of several years until it will become spread world wide. The other question is when will it be allowed to be used worldwide.. i do not know how would I treat it. there are benefits , on the one hand - but on the other one there are too many questions left unanswered.
Just_R

Postby Just_R » Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:48 pm

Paul_O wrote: the designed children

Yes, I've heard of these research as well. Keeping this in mind - and minding the prosthetic technologies - that are developing right now really rapidly - i am sure that soon our world will look like the worlds from the sci fi movies... And that is cool, I think) That is like the fulfilling of the teenager dream - to see the real robot or the superhero... We all were growing up in nineties - and all the boys were dreaming of the same things in that time I am sure . Isn't it a wonder to see the things that we were only dreaming about then - come true in front of our eyes?
Williams

Postby Williams » Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:41 am

i think that you are a happy person because you have the child. i know that a lot of us want to have children but we have some doubts which way is really better because i do not know whether surrogacy has some benefits , or maybe adoption is better. i do not know. the other thing is that which agency or clinic to choose. there are so many different clinics and agencies and i do not know what thing shall be taken when you choose an agency. and what do you think about parenting? is it hard for you to be the parent? has it changed you a lot when the child appeared in your family?

Return to “Fathers’ section”