How can I help my child to be confident?

Prescot

How can I help my child to be confident?

Postby Prescot » Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:55 pm

I think that confidence is a very important thing for all of us. It is a key to success in some way. But sometimes we need to show our babies how to be confident. Of course he should value himself or herself. This can change from day to day or from year to year, but overall confidence tends to develop from infancy and keep going until we are adults. Sp, can you help me in this question? How can I help my child to be more confident?
Mike

Re: How can I help my child to be confident?

Postby Mike » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:01 pm

I think that the best way to help your child to become confident is to show him an example. You are the person who is a pattern for a child. He loves you and wants to be like you. If you want your child to be confident first of all you should be confident. He will be like you, take my word for it. You know, they say that children behave like their parents in 80 % of the cases.
Andreas_Maroon

Postby Andreas_Maroon » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:04 pm

I remember the way that guys in my neighbourhood used to be more confident. They prowled streets of the night Rome and betted on each other, who will be able to beat the next pedestrian they will meet. Not to beat him with all the mob, but only one on one. Ok - that is not my advice, of course)) Though it is terrible to know that some of them are working in la policia right now... Anyway - Mike was right. Be an example.Another important thing is to teach the kid to make his own decisions - and to try to do things by himself, without any help from anyone. If he is able to do that of course.
Stephan

Postby Stephan » Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:20 pm

My brother has the same problem. he has a daughter and before they started shouting on her, she was really confident and a leader by the nature. but then they had a very difficult period in life, a lot of quarres and a child was involved... Well, now they have probems with her confidence. That is why, never shout at you kid)
Adam

Postby Adam » Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:07 pm

You should always appreciate the efforts of your child, even if he has not done everything in a good way. It is important to emphasize something good. Rely on your child, thank him for the fact that he carries out your requests. Pay attention to the good behavior of your baby, smile or praise for what he is obedient. Don’t pay attention to the bad behavior. There is no need to shout at your child, it is better to make a serious face. Criticize not your child, but his behavior. Remember that that it is impossible to insult and humiliate the child; allow others to humiliate or insult your baby. Also you should remember to tell the child about your love.
V_Vegas

Postby V_Vegas » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:02 am

You need to teach your kid to make his own decisions.. and to care the responsibility, that is very important. Try to persuade him to make some things by himself, the things that you were helping him with previously. Start from teaching him how to use the toilet) I am not sure how old your kid is, so I am sorry if that sounded silly) Start from giving him money and sending him to the shop to buy some things. Start with making him to clean his room. All starts from such simple things. when the kid has a habit for doing things alone and in his own way, that gives him that feeling of self confidence. some kids - and even adult people, always rely too much for the help from the outside.
Ben_Roar

Postby Ben_Roar » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:21 am

V_Vegas wrote:You need to teach your kid to make his own decisions..

that is a good approach. Though at first you need to do it gently, being around, while the kid is performing some task that you had given him. You need to control and observe. and then you will simply say "I see that you are good enough in this , and you are able to do this alone. I am proud of you!". That is very important, when the child feels his parents are being proud of him. That is a huge motivation for the further development. There are many kids who were always reprimanded by their parents for some slightest flaws and lapses. And till the end of their lives these people are not being able to feel themselves confident.
Richard

Postby Richard » Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:52 am

Show respect to his mental attitude. If what the child says parents seem nonsense, this is not always the case. He has the right to feel and say what he wants, if it does not harm others. It is necessary to allow the child to dream, no matter how impractical dreams may seem to adults. Give unconditional love. Children need to feel that they are not specifically required to do something, to be loved love. To help the child to feel his own importance is possible through the development of self-reliance. You can make a checklist of responsibilities and require compliance. In no case do not do for the child what he can do for himself, even if sometimes slowly, or not at all good. Particular attention should be paid to the child's responsibility for independent action.
Ben_Roar

Postby Ben_Roar » Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:21 pm

Richard wrote:Give unconditional love.

You are right. But it is important to distinguish between the unconditional live and blind love. Some parents allow their kids too much, and they raise monsters sometimes. You need to understand that there is a limit to the amount of things you can allow your kid. If the kid tries to achieve self confidence trough constant fights, quarrels and anti social behaviour, you understand that it is not the confidence that we are speaking about. It is important to feel that border, when you are raising the child. Else way it may be already too late, when you will notice the fruits of such love in the future.
Martin_T

Postby Martin_T » Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:24 pm

First of all, you need to understand the causes of insecurity, realize, and for this to analyze the situations in which it manifests itself. It is necessary to draw up a list of situations in which a child is experiencing difficulty. To begin the analysis of psychological problems you should always have confidential conversation. I emphasize - the trust and the special - a conversation. We all believe that we are talking with our children, but do not always talk to them from a psychological point of view. Now when information is received from a child, you can start to analyze the external factors. Parents - authority for the child, so he needs your support in difficult situations, which you have discussed in the first step. The main thing here is love, support and understanding of your child!

Return to “Fathers’ section”