How can I get my baby to sleep without a pacifier?

DamonLink

Re: How can I get my baby to sleep without a pacifier?

Postby DamonLink » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:53 pm

YOu must do it step by step.. do not do it at once, my friend. at first turn it off for several minutes.. nen more and more... ALso try to use methods of game, fairy tales... do it like a funny thing please. never be angry with a kid, never make him sleep without it by forse.
Ben_Roar

Postby Ben_Roar » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:45 pm

How many useful advices) Guys, maybe you will cut this discussion, and start considering about more important problems, such as the global heating, terrorism, AIDS, cancer? Really, in a few weeks it will be enough info here to write the book "1001 way to get rid of the pacifier") What is the point to make a problem from something that does not represent the problem at all on the first place?:) If you simply take away the pacifier from the kid, he will cry for some time, then he will calm down and forget this toy. As it happens with the relations, when you grow up.. Wow, I never made such a comparison before)
Samuel Hunt

Postby Samuel Hunt » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:41 pm

You have to wean a child from a pacifier gradually, not immediately. Give him a pacifier only during the day, then somehow distract his attention. Yes, my friends work as dentists, they said, if the child will use a pacifier for al ong time an open bite will be developed. :|
Williams

Postby Williams » Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:40 pm

i think that it would be really very heard to do it but you would definitely succeed if you actually would anything for it. i think that the best decision would be not to give your child the pacifier from the childhood but i know that for most parents it is easier to give it because you do nit hear your child crying. that is why it is your choice what to do. but i think that you shall take it from the child at first for several minutes and then more and more. and i think that you shall not shout at your child when he does not want to give you the pacifier. you can make a trauma to the child
JackHunter3

Postby JackHunter3 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:31 pm

I do agree to some comments here, man. If your kid a small one then you may just bear it somehow untill he is ready to sleep without it, you know. however there are some ways to do it, for example you may find some additional methods of luling him. songs, fairy tales and so on, be creative 8-) 8-)
Just_R

Postby Just_R » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:43 pm

I think this kind of question is a rather typical one, than crazy and silly) I think that many parent these days that being a parent means having some PhD in the raising of kids, that yo need to graduate some special kind of university, and to get the diploma. They forgot that raising the child - is one of the basic and most natural processes that we have programmed in our genes. Sure there are lot of questions that the young parents may have.. But it is one thing when you do not know lot of things about the diseases of the newborns and the kids - and it is quite other question - when parents ask in what direction should you wipe the toddlers ass...
Benjamin123

Postby Benjamin123 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:39 am

Good morning dear friends and attentive listeners. How are you feeling today?? Without any words it is important for us to help the baby to get rid of pacifier in the early age. I am more than sure if you don't do it your child will have problems... I agree that the best advice is here that you should take a walk before going to bed, bathe him in a large tub and cool water for about half an hour, then he will need a good feed and only then you can put him to bed. In other words, a baby's body has to spend a sufficient amount of energy to be ready to go to sleep. Be careful with it boys.
Frankie

Postby Frankie » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:48 pm

Hello guys. How are you doing???0What activities are you going to do? it is important to wean your baby to sleep with a pacifier because in future he will be able to have troubles with his teeth for example. It is right that if you want to eliminate the habit of falling asleep with a pacifier, 3-5 days will be enough time. For exercise you should make the day of your baby active and especially at night, you can take a walk before going to bed, bathe him in a large tub and cool water for about half an hour, then he will need a good feed and only then you can put him to bed. Good advice by the way
Sam32

Postby Sam32 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:39 pm

I think you should start to do it when your child would be 2 years, when he would start to understand some things, for example, you can say his that his pacifier was taken by a dog or something like that, but I don't recommend you to throw it out before he'll be 2, because some children, especially those, who do not have mother, need pacifiers. First of all think about your chield.
Dan36

Postby Dan36 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:43 pm

Recently, I read an article about such kind of problem. Children who are brought up without mothers need their pacifiers, because they perceive theit pacifiers like mothers. So you can't just take it because you don't want to get up at night and give the pacifier to your child. But you can make this problem easier. Try to put the child's bad near yours and you wouldn't need to get up and go into another room, the only thing you'll have to do is to extend your hand and to give the pacifier to your child. Do not forget that mothers are very important for children, and if children are brought up without them, then don't be selfish and give your child more attention.

Return to “Fathers’ section”