How can I get my baby to sleep without a pacifier?

SteveS

Re: How can I get my baby to sleep without a pacifier?

Postby SteveS » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:24 am

I think the best thing was not to give the pacifier to your child at all, but if you alredy did that, so I think if a child is to little that it would be very difficult to take his pacifier. But if you want really do that, so I think the only way out is periodically take the pacifier from your child for some time and rom time to time make this time longer.
Mr.Harry

Postby Mr.Harry » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:52 pm

Hello people. I also think that it is important not forget that pacifier can be harmful for our children's teeth. Ultimately it can be really harmful for them future. There are many methods for them to get rid, but mostly I liked that you should take a walk before going to bed, bathe him in a large tub and cool water for about half an hour, then he will need a good feed and only then you can put him to bed. In other words, a baby's body has to spend a sufficient amount of energy to be ready to go to sleep. I think it can help to get rid of pacifier
Aaron365

Postby Aaron365 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:14 pm

Well, it can be really difficult. I know that many children have pacifiers even when they are four years already. I didn't have such a problem because my child simply didn't like it. And I can't give you a very good advise, but I can tell you that some children need pacifiers and before doing that, you'd rather ask it in your doctor.
Lui

Postby Lui » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:07 am

Yeah right you are. I suppose that everyone should understand that that it is really important to teach your baby to live without pacifier because if it is too much in his life so you can have troubles. Simply it would be great to set a time limit, for example three days, for your child to have a chance to say goodbye to his pacifier. You can also replace a pacifier with something else but then you’ll have to get rid of some other object. If there is not reaction try to encourage your baby with something another one
Ernest

Postby Ernest » Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:33 pm

I want to say that as soon as the mother ends to breastfeed the baby - there is no point to continue using this thing. My parents never used it at all - but as they told me - I was a pretty calm baby.. What is the pacifier - basically it is the way to "shut up" the baby. Sounds pretty rude - but that is so. When you use that thing for too long time - it develops bad psychological habits - that can be noticeable even in much older age. It's the way Freud was putting it, at least. And when you give it to the child for too long - it definitely had bad influence on the teeth growth, that is a well known fact.
Diego

Postby Diego » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:34 pm

How are your teeth now? Do you have a habit to such a thumb now?:)) Ok, jut kidding, no offences) I did not ever had an addiction to the pacifier.. And I do not think that is a big problem really. As soon as the kid will be eager to start talking, the need of the pacifier will go away by itself.. the trouble is that some people are making their kids such that stuff.. And "making" the kid to do something is never a good idea. So do not sweat it, all will be fine with the kid, with the pacifier, or without it) But it is better to get along without this thing, as for me.
Howard

Postby Howard » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:51 pm

As a new parent you struggled with the decision to let your baby take a pacifier. It's time to give up those baby habits - not only because it's time, but also because it may cause dental problems for your child. Slowly wean your child off the pacifier, like you did the bottle. Remember that your child has formed an attachment to their pacifier and giving it up may not be easy for them. Choose the times of the day when your child is least likely to want their pacifier and remove it from sight. When they ask for it, tell them that they can have it later. Try to reassure them that they are okay without it and move on to another activity.

Return to “Fathers’ section”