When and how to wean a baby from the bottle?

Benjamin123

Re: When and how to wean a baby from the bottle?

Postby Benjamin123 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:10 pm

How are you feeling guys?? :mrgreen: I want to say that I am so happy to write here on this website for all of you. :mrgreen: it was exactly new for me that gradually and safely wean the child is not very difficult from the bottle, because this is not so unsolvable problem. But to delay the process is not necessary. Experts say that the use of a nipple at the age of 1.5 years could have a detrimental effect on the formation of a correct bite and the further development of the child's teeth.I even don't know how I will do it :mrgreen: :lol:
Sam32

Postby Sam32 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:43 pm

It is quite a difficult question, but I think there is a solution. And this solution you should find yourself, because you know your child better. But I can give you an advise. When you have a breakfast or a dinner time, you should seat your child with you to have a meal time, and also try to tell him that he is enough independent to eat at the table out of the plate but not out of the bottle.
Dan36

Postby Dan36 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:48 pm

I don't think that it is a very big problem. When my woman friend weaned a baby from the breasts, it was a real promlem because her child was two years and he already could talk and demanded breasts. But to wean a baby from the bottle is much easier, I think, because the bottle for child is only the sourse of food, but breasts are not only the sourse of food but it is also a way to calm down, that why it is very hard to wean baby from breasts but not from the bottle. I think you should just eat together with your child at the table, it would be more interesting for your child to eat the same thing with you, than to eat alone from the bottle.
SteveS

Postby SteveS » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:23 pm

If you want to wean your baby from the bottle, then you should do it gradually. You should start with the extra food, make some kind of puree. You should give your baby some extra food and then you child will refuse from the bottle by himself. You cant wean a baby from the bottle, you should do it gradually. Good luck!
Mr.Harry

Postby Mr.Harry » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:55 pm

I think that it is not difficult process... To my mind it is not worth to be worried about it. I want to say that you are right gradually and safely wean the child is not very difficult from the bottle, because this is not so unsolvable problem. It is that I have mentioned not far.. Somewhere I also read that many experts say that the use of a nipple at the age of 1.5 years could have a detrimental effect on the formation of a correct bite and the further development of the child's teeth. So don't be panic stricken!!
Aaron365

Postby Aaron365 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:09 pm

Well, I don't think that weaning a baby from the bottle is not so hard as for example to wean a child from the breasts. I have a good friend. It is a woman. She has a son. He is three years already, and my friend, Sandra still gives suck to her child. And now it is really very difficult for her to wean her child from the suckling. Well if you want to wean your baby from the bottle, you should just start giving extra food to your child. Every time you give your child extra food you should give it more and more and you also should give the bottle to the child more rarely. And also eat together over the one table.
Ernest

Postby Ernest » Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:37 pm

I think that weaning from the bottle is carried out only when the baby will acquire some of the skills of independence, that is, he can sit down without the help of outsiders, and he eats with a spoon and drinks from the cup itself. Most offer crumbs game-tea.
Let starts to imitate the adult members of the family, and drink of the cup. Do not feel sorry about the broken items of the service - it's just a cup, and the fascination with this interesting game will help him to completely forget about the bottles.
Diego

Postby Diego » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:31 pm

I think that it is very useful and interesting theme. I know that sometimes the sucking reflex may persist longer in the child behaviour, then it should. then kids usually start to suck their thumb. All you need to do to get rid of that is to reprimand him - I do not see any other way getting rid of that reflex. Speaking about the pacifiers and the bottles - I would rather prefer not to give those to the kid at all. Those are completely useless for the kids development, perhaps they are even doing a bad job for it, by allowing this habit to linger on. So it's better not to use them at all. that is my opinion.
Max76

Postby Max76 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:24 am

I think that all parents can face with it when there is time to wean baby from the bottle. First of all you might give your child the opportunity to quietly and smoothly through this stage of maturation. Choose the right moment. The period of separation with a bottle should not coincide with any significant changes in the life and stress. Encourage the child to eat from their utensils and drinking from a cup. I think if you don't find something useful ,you will be able to find out more on some internet resources
Felix

Postby Felix » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:03 am

Modern pediatricians, including Dr. Komarovsky, believe that up to six months of age a child can be given nothing, except for the mother's breast. Mother's milk is at the same time food and drink, so the child receives all the substances that are necessary for the child's body. But the baby grows, it becomes more mobile and needs more fluid and food. Therefore, mothers begin to gradually introduce lure and give the child to drink water. How can I do without a bottle? It's very simple - to teach a child to drink from a cup at once, in 6-7 months he can quite easily master this skill. You can also use special children's books, from which it is easier to drink.

Return to “Fathers’ section”