Public upbringing

Miller

Public upbringing

Postby Miller » Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:39 pm

Our little girl is 3 years and this is the time when we, parents, need to send our child to the kindergarten. I understand that for parents it is a difficult period, as parting with the child, even for a few hours - it is an unmitigated disaster. But I understand that this is necessary. In addition to 3 years of age the socialization process begins which is the ability to build relationships in the society independently. But I also know that some couples decide not to send the child to the kindergartens and they leave the kids at home right up to the time when school starts. What should I do? Public education is important, but how to overcome fears? Or is it OK to leave the baby at home right up to the start of school?
Just_R

Re: Public upbringing

Postby Just_R » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:16 pm

Dear Miller! In your post you asked the question, that all the people around the world were asking themselves since the times on the ancient Egypt. How to overcome parents fear of the kindergarten. There were so many discussions about that between the greatest minds of the humanity. Aristotle, Socrates, Copernicus, Tomas Aquinas. Many religions and philosophies were thinking about that question, more fundamental then "Why are we here" and "Does the God exist". But all their titanic efforts were futile. there is one one thing i can tell you. Deal with it)
Adam

Postby Adam » Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:36 pm

A school child should have to acquire skills in a team of peers, not just only those which are provided by parents and grandparents. If the child didn’t have all the children’s illnesses in the kindergarten, and they start to hurt him in the school, it is worse, because it skipped school program, and on the child leans additional burden on the catch-up. If we talk about colds in the kindergarten and school, their frequency is highly dependent on parental care for the child. Immune protection of children is often linked to social protection of the child. Child must necessarily be sent to the kindergarten, but parents should carefully monitor the atmosphere in the kindergarten.
Martin_T

Postby Martin_T » Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:31 pm

I think that the child needs to go to kindergarten. And not only because of the process of socialization. Daily regime. Most adults are not accustomed to live strictly by the hour, whereas, in fact, it is very useful for the organism - a walk, go to bed at the same time every day. Discipline. In kindergarten, a child becomes familiar with certain rules of behavior and learns to respect them. Independence. In the kindergarten the child has an opportunity to express himself, he is more independent, because there is anyone who will take away a toy or feed from a spoon a child as he does all that is necessary according to his age, including caring for himself. In kindergarten, the child receives opportunities for intellectual and physical development. Therefore, each child has to go to kindergarten!
Andreas_Maroon

Postby Andreas_Maroon » Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:10 pm

I think that it is better for the kid to start to socialize as early as you can afford that . Because that is a kind of an skill, that develops really fast - and that is really easy to correct in the early age. When your kid starts to show his behaviour among the others early, you have more chances to influence it, if it is necessary. I think that it is better to start the general development of your kid as soon as you can at all. I mean both physical, intellectual. And social as well . And of course there is no point to be afraid of that for you as for the parent - there is a point to be proud)
Paul_O

Postby Paul_O » Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:58 am

You should take her to the kindergarten, of course. If you leave her at home up until the age she will have to go to school - she will come there completely unprepared to the social environment. And she will start to concentrate on her behaviour and role in that environment instead of concentration on the studies. Dude, really this is such an obvious question you ask - that I am even surprised it occurred to you. what are you afraid of - that is the thing that I am not able to understand. you will have to let your kid go eventually - and it will be better if she would be more or less prepared to what she will have to face outside of her house.
Andreas_Maroon

Postby Andreas_Maroon » Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:14 pm

Paul_O wrote:Dude, really this is such an obvious question you ask - that I am even surprised it occurred to you.

Perhaps you are surprised.. But I do know some parents, who simply do not allow their children to get to the society .. That sounds terrible, isnt it? I do know 2 such couples. Those are rich people, from the diplomatic "level of society". they did not take them to the kindergarten, they did not take them to the schools. they are studying with the private teachers. I am not sure if those kids are happy. I think they are not. We are social beings - and the communication is one of our main needs. Besides, if you will not have the social skills, you will not be able to survive in this society.
Ben_Roar

Postby Ben_Roar » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:22 pm

If you want to protect your kid from the "bad" things that may influence him on the street, you need to get him interested with something else. Some parents are loading their kids with such amount of different schools and courses, that poor small fellows do not even have the time to go and play with their coevals in the yard. That is not a correct approach in my opinion. You need to give the kid something that he would like to dedicate his time to himself.. some kind of art, or modelling, or any other activity.. i am sure there is some for each kid - you just nee to find the right one for your own kid.
Andreas_Maroon

Postby Andreas_Maroon » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:38 pm

Ben_Roar wrote: i am sure there is some for each kid - you just nee to find the right one for your own kid.

It is no that easy, Ben, you know that) Kids do not like to concentrate... It is hard for them to sit on one place. Besides - they are more interested in the wide exploration of the world, rather then in the "specialization" in some single thing. You can make the kid do that of course.. But I am not sure that it is good thing to " make " the kid to do something. That may maim his psychics, in my opinion. It is better just to be with him - and know about his activities. When you see he is doing something bad - you have to "correct" his course of development.
Just_R

Postby Just_R » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:30 pm

Andreas_Maroon wrote:It is hard for them to sit on one place.

You are right about the most part of the kids. Though there are exceptions. I know one amazing person. A candidate for the Nobel Prize in this year in information technologies, some of its part... i know this guy from when we were small kids. /while all other kids were hanging around - he was dealing with the constructors that his parents bought him, then - with the computer. He entered the university when he was 15, can you imagine? In that case this kid was lucky enough to find what he really liked in this early age. And his parents did not have to "make" him doing that)

Return to “Fathers’ section”