Children's selfishness

Ben_Roar

Re: Children's selfishness

Postby Ben_Roar » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:16 pm

Andreas_Maroon wrote:It is very important in this case to find the balance between the encouragement of the kids achievements, and the restrain from being too self sufficient

Paul, you are a good psychologist! You are just expressed the very principle of my way of raising kids. but, as it was said further - it is not an easy task to accomplish. you have to show lot of patience and understanding in order to see, when do you need to apply the pressure - and where you need to be understanding. I mean - you need to be understanding in all the cases)) but sometimes you need to be hard, and sometimes - soft, that is what I was trying to say) We still do not need to use that principle with Susan though, she is still too small for that.
Samuel Hunt

Postby Samuel Hunt » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:47 pm

i agree with that point of view that last time children grow selfish and it also depends on how many children you have in your family. If you have an only child in your familt for sure he or she will grow up as a selfish person, because you give all your attention, love, defense to this child. On the contrary, if you have several children you can share all your attention among your chirldren and in most cases they will not be selfish. As experience shows it means that people have to make their families bigger. :-)
Andreas_Maroon

Postby Andreas_Maroon » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:13 pm

Samuel Hunt wrote: it also depends on how many children you have in your family.

i am agree on that. It is almost a rule , that kids from the big families are basically more sociable and opened people, they can meet new people easily, and establish much more social connections then the single kids do. Not all kids from the single kid families become selfish, though. But that I kind of the childhood does put its imprint on their psychics. They used to have all the things of their own. their own room, TV, wardrobe etc... It is hard sometimes to them to share their personal space with others, in the hostel, for example.
Ben_Roar

Postby Ben_Roar » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:25 pm

Andreas_Maroon wrote: that kids from the big families are basically more sociable and opened people

Tend to agree with you. There are several reasons for that. First - is that they start to socialize with their own siblings right from the birth. the second one is that they feel that the love of their parents does not belong to him completely. That it is shared among them. When the couple has a single kid - it often happens that the kid feels himself as a small king - and eventually a small tyrant, if this love is blind... And then these traits are being transferred to the adult age.. when there are siblings - kids learn how to love and to share. that is great)
Williams

Postby Williams » Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:35 am

i understand what you are talking about but i really hope that you would upbring your child in a good way and your child would not have this bad character trait. i know that there are a lot of children who suffer from such things but i think that the problem is in their parents. they just show their children bad example and that is it. i hope that you would be able not to show such things to your child and everything would be alright. i wish you good luck and i hope that you would raise a good child. that is everything i wanted to tell you about it. :) :) :) :)
Just_R

Postby Just_R » Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:14 pm

Not always.. it all depends on the family they are growing up in. There are many families with many kids - where some kids do not get all the care and attention they need.. They are growing up in the atmosphere of jealousy, envy and inequality. Of course - this is the blame of parents - there are no other explanations and excuses for that. In the end - they do carry this jealousy and envy trough all their lives. It is really sad to see such people, sad to understand that nothing can be changed already for them. You are building the future of the kid, when you are raising him - never forget that!
JackHunter3

Postby JackHunter3 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:56 am

ahahah, cmon, all kids are somehow selfish))) i've been watching my nepews and i may say that they do it just because they think it is okay. they wanna have everything they want and fortunately they have enough uncles who usually do everything for them, you know))) however i like when they ask for something :)
Benjamin123

Postby Benjamin123 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:25 am

Hi everybody and everyone here friends. I sincerely happy to greet each of you here today. And what about you???I am more than sure that it is true that selfishness is rather bad feature of people's characters, no one wants to have deal with selfish person and our job as parents to prevent such situations. I think it is right that we should tender treatment and explaining what is good and what is bad may help in future. Without any words playing with your child some competative gmve, do not give up, don't let the child to win .it should be really very helpful.
MARK

Postby MARK » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:36 am

I think that this is very important to spend more time with the own child and try to explain him what is wrong adn what is right. I think that we all need just pay attention on this fact adn i think that with the time you will find the answer on it. Because there are many differnet situations you will desided by yourself and i think that we all need just pay attention on this fact, because there are many really unreal problems you just try to fight with them .I think that we all need just pay atttention on the child behaviur and try to change something in the own character for the better. Because this is really work.
Mall

Postby Mall » Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:22 pm

I think that you need just for the child what is rigth and what is wrong. I thin kthat you need just try to talk more and spend more time with the child and be really good role model for him. I think that just in this way you will understadn him and he will understand you. I think that you need just pay attention on this fact from the childhood, because this is very important for the all of us. Selfishness is one of the major causes of excessive anger, defiant and controlling behaviors and rage in youth. In our practice it is one of the leading cause of the angry behaviors in youth. You need just keep it under the control all the time.

Return to “Fathers’ section”