cartoons for your child

Frank Thomson

Re: cartoons for your child

Postby Frank Thomson » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:18 pm

I totally agree that using laptop as a babysitter is a bad idea and that's how some parents make child's sight worse. Then they should consult an ophthalmologist and there's no profit in such timespending. But I believe that cartoons are also useful in that way that a child can learn something new and interesting, nowadays there's so many cartoons for child's development on tv or YouTube. We can learn with our children together. But you should always control what your child is watching and weather it has something useful in this cartoon or not.
Just_R

Postby Just_R » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:58 pm

the last great cartoon that I've seen was the Zootopia. I watched it several times a row, almost) Such nice and funny characters! Though sometimes I regret that they stopped making the real cartoons, I mean those ones that were drew by the hands of live people, not on computers. there was some special charm in them, something that computer animation is not able to show, despite of the graphics level. My favourite full length cartoons in childhood were Aladdin and Lion King. I bet they are going to make some remakes on them, as they started to do with the movies.
Paul_O

Postby Paul_O » Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:40 am

Just_R wrote: I mean those ones that were drew by the hands of live people, not on computers.
Yes, I do know what you mean. When I was watching the Tom and Jerry cartoons - I was always fascinated with the smoothness of the animation they managed to achieve. And that was done before the computer age - all the frames were drawed by hand. The music is a separate topic. the modern soundtracks are really incomparable by the artistism and the level of the composer skills. In Tom and Jerry every small move of the character was accompanied by some musical figure. And now all you need to do is to have the beat, some pads on the background and the 3 note melody.
Andreas_Maroon

Postby Andreas_Maroon » Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:31 pm

Paul_O wrote: In Tom and Jerry every small move of the character was accompanied by some musical figure.

i was fascinated by that as well. Guys, can you see, how old we are?:) We are speaking about the cartoons of our childhood - and complaining that "when we were younger, everything was better!") that is a sign that we are getting old)) There so many things I want to accomplish, while I am still young enough) Speaking about the modern cartoons - i did like all the series of Shrek - I will show those to my kid, that is for sure. I am rather scared alittle bit with this "Piggy Peppa" cartoons.. It may seem to be strange - but does anyone of you see the big dick and scrotum, when you are looking on that Peppa character, as well as I do?
Ben_Roar

Postby Ben_Roar » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:56 pm

Andreas_Maroon wrote:Guys, can you see, how old we are?:)

Yes, I know what you say - it still surprises me) But I think that you are becoming a really "old", when you stop to be surprised and amazed by this world. And when you are saying about everything that" in my times it was better") So let us stop on the cartoons, ok?:) I heard a great saying about the ageing... something like "the women grow up till they are about 25 - and they become adults. Men live till 70, and when they die they are still just boys" That is very true.. And it is sad and good in the same time. I want to be always young enough to be able to watch the cartoons with my kids and grand kids and to laugh with them)
Andreas_Maroon

Postby Andreas_Maroon » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:49 pm

Ben_Roar wrote: I want to be always young enough to be able to watch the cartoons with my kids and grand kids and to laugh with them)

i am sure I will be able to do that in any age) The main thing is not to get old in your heart - you are right bout that) I do have some friends, who can be called the "standard" adults. All they are interested in is their work, and communication only with the people of the same lifestyle. When you are communicating with them - you simply cannot imagine how can they live such a boring life! It is great when you do have some "childish behaviour" left in you. That always makes you feel younger then you really are - and to see the world around in fresh and live colours.
Just_R

Postby Just_R » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:24 pm

Andreas_Maroon wrote:The main thing is not to get old in your heart

Yeah) that'll do really well for you - but people around will tell you are acting like a moron in some situations. Who cares anyway?:) I prefer to be the crazy old fart, rather the old fart like all the other old farts) Isnt that nice?:) I wonder what kind of the cartoons my grand kids are going to watch - if there will be cartoons in that time anyway?:) Al;so I wonder.. .I love the cartoons I love only because my parents showed them to me - because they loved them themselves.. So this is like the tradition, passing from one generation to another... And it is the same with the other things.
Andreas_Maroon

Postby Andreas_Maroon » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:21 pm

Just_R wrote:I love the cartoons I love only because my parents showed them to me

I think you would love them anyway. Though, there is some truth in your words.. Have you ever heard of such thing as the "syndrome of the duckling"? this is a psychological phenomenon. The point of it is that the dusking , after the hatching from the egg - accepts the first big moving object as his mother, even if that is a dog, for example. Applying this to people, we are speaking about the habit to think that the very first thing of a certain kind that we saw - is the best of its kind. The first love, the first cartoon that we liked as well)
Just_R

Postby Just_R » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:13 am

Andreas_Maroon wrote:Have you ever heard of such thing as the "syndrome of the duckling"

I did - and that is the reason we do have that feeling that is called nostalgia as well, I think. Though I do not think it is true about cartoons.. I know people who did not see, for example , Tom and Jerry when they were kids - and after watching those they became their favourite cartoons. Sometimes the things are just really good, you know - and they are accepted by all the generations. That is something that is called classics. that is something we do call the real masterpiece. The things that are made so great, that they contain something that is accepted by all the people despite of their tastes and previous experience.
Samuel Hunt

Postby Samuel Hunt » Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:19 pm

Actually i do not have my own children. But i have some nephews and my friends' children. These children who i know do not watch anime cartoons, they prefer more Disney cartoons, especially which were launched recently like The book of jungle, hotel transylvania and others.

Return to “Fathers’ section”