cartoons for your child

Morningstar

cartoons for your child

Postby Morningstar » Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:00 pm

A lot of children nowadays are into anime (aka Japanese cartoons), but you may wonder, are the shows my kids are watching appropriate? Personaly i do not trust those cartoons but still my child likes it. So before allowing my child to watch it i check the age rating. FUNimation, Viz Media, and Sentai Filmworks always put age ratings on their releases. Also, if you live in the UK the 'BBFC requires everything have an age rating on it, so there's no need to worry about unrated anime. How do you choose cartoons for your children? And what are their favourite?
Tomislav

Re: cartoons for your child

Postby Tomislav » Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:36 am

Aw i can add a few things and i hope that they will be useful. If the anime hasn't been released on DVD yet, check MyAnimeList.net. Even shows airing in Japan currently have age ratings submitted by people who have watched the show and gave the rating from their best judgement.Check the reviews and description. See what other people have to say about the show. Sometimes the description can be a bit "blurry", but there's clearly going to be an age rating difference between a show that says "Hamtaro and his friends have fun adventures all around town!" and another one that says "In a post-apocalyptic world, a man (stalker) chases after attractive girls."
Jared

Postby Jared » Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:31 pm

Cartoon nowadays have a huge impact on our children so it is not a surprise that you have asked such question.
Choose cartoons based on the child's age. Is the child a newborn, child or toddler? Choose according to your child age. For example, some countries have cable networks for babies with programming that's good for children who are under a year old.. Choose the language that are use in the house everyday. Children can learn through cartoons so if you ever find a cartoon using an inappropriate word often, without a doubt it will bring bad influence, just change it for your child sake
Shannon

Postby Shannon » Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:28 pm

Check the Cartoon dress, style and for hidden objects. This is important, have you ever heard about hidden image in the cartoon like man genital organ or women nude, in reality it is happening. We can't know which of the cartoon has it, but avoid cartoon that are produce by this type of people. It can really affect your child mind. You can search it in YouTube, just type sex drawing in children cartoon and you probably will find what you were looking for. Determine if it will be beneficial or not. Does it bring any beneficial or simply just for laughs. Benefit the program TV so that your child time not been wasted so easily.
Sheldon

Postby Sheldon » Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:23 pm

I will advice you to watch TV less. It is influencing your worldview. Anybody who has ever been a policeman, a lawyer, a psychiatrist, an ER doctor, or an FBI agent will attest to the truth that television does not accurately portray their life. In almost all aspects, television rarely depicts the world and life accurately. Too much television results in disillusionment about what to expect from the world around us. This can most commonly be seen in people’s expectations of love, romance, and sexuality.
LoganE

Postby LoganE » Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:24 am

It depends on the type of anime you are watching. Some anime like Pokemon, mix masters final force, etc are for kids. Those are rated as G(all audience). While anime like Tokyo Ghoul are rated 18+ for violence and profanity. There are also hentai anime which are also 18+. Most anime are rated 13+. It just depends on what anime you are watching. I am 17 and I still watch anime. And I have to say this, anime(except hentai anime) is much more better than normal cartoons. Cartoons are completely different from anime. Stuff like Clannad and your lie in April are worth watching. There are so many people above the age of 20 who watch anime. If someone ever tells you that anime is for kids, ask them to watch Tokyo Ghoul or Death Note. And then ask them this question "what is 1000-7?" If you have watched Tokyo Ghoul, then you would probably understand what it means.
Michal

Postby Michal » Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:17 pm

It's like I don't understand something here or what?! :twisted: Why the f*ck should you be creating two topics with the same name and all that here?! :lol: :mrgreen: :P I mean,who the f*ck are you,some stupid ass punk and all that? :twisted: :mrgreen: :roll: :P :lol: Can't you f*ckjing see and understand what the f*ck are you doing here,like can't you open your motherf*cking eyes and see that you made one topic like that already here?! :D :lol: :twisted: :mrgreen: :P :roll: 8-) :ugeek: I just can't understand these stupid ass bitches and all that here-f*ck you! :twisted: :mrgreen:
I'M NOT GAY, BUT 20$ IS 20$ :mrgreen:
JerryLee

Postby JerryLee » Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:40 am

Well cartoons are good for child entertainment but if your child is watching cartoons to much he have not found a lifestlye or hobby try nad get cartoons out of ur child's mind and into doing something active and fun. Kids should be able to watch cartoons. First of all they are entertaining. They will sooner or later grow out of wanting to watch them. People think o seriously about everything and say " oh m kid shouldn't watch tv because they start thinkig stupidly" or something along those lines. lets get real. i mean you got to admit theyre fun to watch when your bored or just wan to do it. Lets stop being to worried about all this. But make your kids go outside for like an hour. Obesity has icreased over the years so you know. Dont let them watc tv all dayy:]
Natan Scot

Postby Natan Scot » Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:49 pm

Ahah, wel what kind of anime, man&))))))))) Some anime like Pokemon, mix masters final force, etc are for kids. Those are rated as G(all audience). While anime like Tokyo Ghoul are rated 18+ for violence and profanity. There are also hentai anime which are also 18+. Most anime are rated 13+. It just depends on what anime you are watching. I am 17 and I still watch anime. And I have to say this, anime(except hentai anime) is much more better than normal cartoons. Cartoons are completely different from anime. Stuff like Clannad and your lie in April are worth watching. There are so many people above the age of 20 who watch anime. If someone ever tells you that anime is for kids, ask them to watch Tokyo Ghoul or Death Note. And then ask them this question "what is 1000-7?" If you have watched Tokyo Ghoul, then you would probably understand what it means.
Nick

Postby Nick » Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:54 pm

Japanese animation is designed for different audiences of different ages, respectively, and the work in it are different - from the naive fairy tales to serious historical thriller, psychological thrillers and erotica. Therefore it is necessary to correctly choose the anime, in accordance with the age of the child.
For boys, adolescence is fascinating genre of anime syonen - a dynamic, fun and rapidly developing story, brave warriors, elusive ninja.
Girls will be interesting Shoujo genre - romance story of first love or about adventures of girls, endowed with a certain magical powers.
Also call the genres that are not suitable for children, will they incomprehensible, uninteresting, and may even scare: seinen, Josei Manga - Anime adult viewers, containing elements of psychology, satire, eroticism, with a more realistic and sometimes grim development of the plot and tragic finale.

Return to “Fathers’ section”