Braces

James

Re: Braces

Postby James » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:36 pm

Hi there my dear friends and my dear audience. I am happy to be registered on this website today. Martin you are right that convincing a child wearing braces is quite difficult, because some teens are so worried about their appearance that would not clothe these "ugly things" on their teeth. So first of all you should try to convince him that he really needs orthodontic treatment. I remember when I was afraid of wearing braces but then I was just thankful for it my parents because nowadays I have really nice smile. and simply you should explain your child the same.
SteveS

Postby SteveS » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:03 am

I don't really think that it is a great problem. Many people live with incorrect bite and everything is ok. There are many dantists nowadays who can find a lot of illnesses even if everything is good. If the incorrect bite unnoticeable, than I don't think that there is really agreat problem. But if you consider it to be a real problem, than it's up to you.
Aaron365

Postby Aaron365 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:46 pm

Braces is a useful thing for sure, but many children don't want to have them, because other children may laugh at them. Before making a decission, you should ask your son whether he really want it or not. also I think that it is important to consult another dentist about this problem, and then deside what to do.
Klaus1205

Postby Klaus1205 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:18 pm

In such situations child should understand for what he/she need to have braces. After that it will be easier for child to get them and feel okay, not embarrassed. When I was a child, I had braces too. My main idea was to make my smile great and try not to hide my crooked teeth. And now I feel satisfied cuz I can smile without any doubts :D
Lui

Postby Lui » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:45 am

I would like to say that I truly understand your problem and I am sorry that your son has such problems with his hesitations or something like this. In the childhood I had the same problem. Why? Because I wore braces when I was a teenager and you know I was not so happy Too. I even didn't want to go out somewhere because I thought I looked like a disgusting guy. I was shocked when I saw my teeth in that braces. I couldn't cope with my hesitations and embarrassment because of it. But soon I understood that it was my fortune and nowadays I have a beautiful smile as well.
Timmy

Postby Timmy » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:52 am

Hmmm braces.. I remember I had an experience in wearing braces. It was strange and unpleasant that time . I remember that was strangely disappointed in wearing them, because I thought it was disgusting and people will laugh at me because of my teeth. But just now I understand that it was great to wear braces because nowadays I have a fantastic smile as well. And I think it was worthy. The same you should explain your baby. You should explain that it is just helpful thing for your baby!
Ernest

Postby Ernest » Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:21 pm

It can happen if someone respected in the classroom or in the yard wearing braces. The child understands that it does not deprive a man of his appeal, but rather is designed to add it. A similar effect can be achieved by paying attention to the attractive boys and girls who do not hesitate to smile with braces. Choose the right moment. The child may experience uncertainty in the first days and weeks after the installation of braces. Therefore, it is wise to put the braces in the spring - in May. Then the child will have time to adjust to the new conditions - to train.
Diego

Postby Diego » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:45 pm

It could be that way with adult person - or at least the teenager, but I am not sure about the kid of the younger age. .Anyway - I am sure that is different for all the kids. As for me - I wore glasses when I was small - and there was some mockery in the school of course.. Well, how else can that be, right?
But I was a really brave kid - and the mockery stopped pretty fast) Anyway - I do not think that this kind of mockery can really influence the kid.. I mean - in the long run. He will forget it all pretty fast. That is a good trait in all kids - I wish the adults would have it/
Max76

Postby Max76 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:29 pm

I am strongly support such conversations. I have had such conversations with my parents because I wore braces. And of course I support that convincing a child wearing braces is quite difficult, because some teens are so worried about their appearance that would not clothe these "ugly things" on their teeth. So first of all you should try to convince him that he really needs orthodontic treatment. Have a talk about the ugly teeth and the influence of braces. My parents just made sure me that in future my smile will be changed just in a best way
Felix

Postby Felix » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:49 am

What that means is not that this kid is having the nightmares till the end of his days. It works much more imperceptible.
That undermines the kids self confidence - and it does have huge influence on his future life! So if there is any way to avoid that mockery and bullying in the school - it is really better to do that! In other case your kid might face the bad consequences of this later in his life - and it is really hard to change the old habits.

Return to “Fathers’ section”