Reasons for aggression: upbringing or TV?

Miller

Reasons for aggression: upbringing or TV?

Postby Miller » Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:49 pm

Today we can meet more children with increased aggressiveness. Previously it was thought that the reason for raising the level of aggression is a style of upbringing in the family, or rather, the specific characteristics of this style. Recently, however, more and more time in the life of our children is occupied by the TV and computer games. We agree that there we see quite violent scenes, which may affect the psyche of our offspring. What is more conducive to the manifestation of aggression in children: upbringing or TV and PC?
Adam

Re: Reasons for aggression: upbringing or TV?

Postby Adam » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:52 pm

I think that both television and upbringign can cause agression, though there are a lot of other reasons of agression. As for TV, there are a lot of programms, films and even cartoons which are too cruel for watching by children. That's why you should monitor what your child watches. And as for the family, I should say that the behavior of children greatly depends on the model fo the behavior provided by their paretns. If in a family there are unhappy conditions, quarrels, fights, then there are can be children who will be agressive because they do what their parents do.
Adam

Postby Adam » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:53 pm

I think that both television and upbringing can cause aggression, though there are a lot of other reasons of aggression. As for TV, there are a lot of programs, films and even cartoons which are too cruel for watching by children. That's why you should monitor what your child watches. And as for the family, I should say that the behavior of children greatly depends on the model of the behavior provided by their parents. If in a family there are unhappy conditions, quarrels, fights, then there are can be children who will be aggressive because they do what their parents do. So, parents always should be attentive to their behavior!
Just_R

Postby Just_R » Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:05 am

I think that both of these factors have their part in the aggressive behaviour. Basically, for the last several decades the mass culture advertised the aggressive behaviour.. the movies, games... But not all the people, who were raised on the classical action movies of 90's became aggressive thugs, right? So, in my opinion, the main part in the developing of such behaviour does take the upbringing. If the parents did not give enough attention to the child, if they abused him, if the kid was raised on the streets by local bullies, there is a very small chance that he will grow up a balanced and calm person.
Martin_T

Postby Martin_T » Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:05 pm

Currently, aggressive behavior in children and adolescents has become increasingly common and more often. This trend has a lot of reasons. Search should be in education, communicating with other people and increasing requirements for children and young people, and should take into account and the innate propensity for violence. Therefore, children's aggression can cause both education and television. And in both cases, it all depends on parents. But still one of the factors contributing to violent behavior, it is an empty pastime. Unfortunately, watching TV today - the most common method of filling free time in children and adolescents, but that TV has a major impact on the formation of aggressive readiness.
Andreas_Maroon

Postby Andreas_Maroon » Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:27 pm

Upbringing. Definitely. It is a common mistake to think that these days there is a lot of violence in the society, much more then it was. that is a lie. We are living in one of the most peaceful times actually. In 19 century, and down below, so to say, the murders, rapes and all that stuff was a natural part of life, even though it was considered to be the crime. there were no TV those days, so why were the people so cruel? Because of other cruel people. All the violence we dee on the TV - in the films, for example, we see only in the context of the eternal fight between good and evil, where evil always looses. At least on the TV screen.
Frank Thomson

Postby Frank Thomson » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:40 pm

Both upbringing and TV have effect on child emotional state. When the child sees that her/his parents are always quarells about something, the kid instinctely wants to argue with someone too. For me it's very painful when the child has to suffer such torture.TV isn't so good as well, especially when parents don't control what their kids are watching and besides they let them to watch thrillers and other scary films. I've recently read that our brain is as computer, it writes the whole information that we see during the day and when we sleep it works up and keeps it in our mind for the future, it may be also the cause of children aggression.
Just_R

Postby Just_R » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:11 pm

Andreas_Maroon wrote:Because of other cruel people
You are right about that. there is a saying that we are all the victims of the victims. someone had done a bad thing to the child when it was small. the child absorbed that pain. And then it returns it in the outer world, sometimes applying it as the aggression to another being, still innocent. And the circle is closing. So do we live - passing the hatred from one person to another , trough the endless chain of the generations. the only thing you can do - is stop passing that hatred, when you were unfortunate enough to accept a bit of it. That is the way I try to live - and that is the example I will show to my kid.
Paul_O

Postby Paul_O » Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:25 am

The television transmits us a lot of different information. there are lot of channels - and not all of them are dedicated to the violence, whichever form and kind you may mention. Besides.. I do not think that there are lot of kids these days, who really watch TV - it was replaced with the PC and the internet for many years already.. Seriously - I am surprised then television still exist at all, at least in that "old" form. I think that the reason for the kids to become violent does not lie in the TV programs, that may include violence. I think it is rather the influence of the society and the upbringing.
Ben_Roar

Postby Ben_Roar » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:34 pm

I read the posts above - and I see that my point of view was already written here. i think that the upbringing plays the main part. Because it is rather not what does the kid see - on the street or on the TV screen - but the way he interprets it, and the conclusions he is making. And this is the place where the parental advices are taking their part. The kid will ask you about the things he saw and heard. He will ask you to help him to understand, what is "good" and what is "bad" in this world. There will always be violence, but it is important how will your child deal with its existence.

Return to “Fathers’ section”