What do the children's drawings say us about?

Just_R

Re: What do the children's drawings say us about?

Postby Just_R » Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:35 pm

Ben_Roar wrote:I wonder what will be the first drawings of my Susan, when she will be able to do that

I think she will draw her family - her great fathers) I hope I am going to see that kin of drawing from my kid someday.. Since I already applied to the surrogacy program, this day is not that far away already) I never show any interest in drawing, rather to the music. But I did not become an artist of any sort. If I will notice some passion to the art in my kid, I will help him to develop his skills, if he wants that. Such things as talents must be noticed in time - and they must be cherished. That is something that I would call a gift from the God, it would be a real waste just to throw them away and forget about them.
Andreas_Maroon

Postby Andreas_Maroon » Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:48 pm

I do believe that the kids drawings do represent their inner conditions some traits of the character. I think that even some mental dysfunctions can be diagnosed by the drawings. There is even such a method in the psychology - and bot only in the psychology of kids, just for you to know) So I am telling to all the sceptics here - this is a scientifically proven fact, that this method does work. When i was small -I preferred to paint in green colours. I read recently - that it is usual for people of melancholic temper, and that is just the way I am now. Check and mate)
Frank Thomson

Postby Frank Thomson » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:54 pm

Children see our world definitely in other way than we do, they are born to be genius and we ruin it from the child's birth. I think a child can express what and how he/she sees it, they have their inner world with their inner fears, inner feelings, ineer vision and if a child wants to paint purple grass so it's not a problem ( for younger age, of course). I see that some adults try deliberately to find deflections in their own children. There's no need to panic if you don't understand what a child tried to tell you by a picture, regard this picture as masterpiece.
Just_R

Postby Just_R » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:50 pm

I knew only one occasion, when you could answer the question "What do the children's drawings say us about?" pretty clear.. My niece does love to draw and paint. When she left , mother left the room for several minutes. She had her dress laying on her bed - she was preparing for some public errand. When she returned to her room - she saw, that her daughter decided to make a masterpiece on her favourite dress, with her own make-up. Amy (my niece) was really happy that she could make such a present for mom. That time you could say - "This picture shows me, that someone will have really hard times now.."))
Paul_O

Postby Paul_O » Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:14 am

Just_R wrote:I knew only one occasion, when you could answer the question "What do the children's drawings say us about?"

that was a nice one, thanks for sharing) I hope the mother was not too hard on her) that teaches an important lesson : if you do not want the kid to spoil stuff around the house - do not leave this kid alone with the pencils \ paint in the room. At least small kids... I know that all the small kids are fascinated by the bright colours. this is the pure self expression indeed - there are still no tastes, no cliché.. I am sure that there are some "modern" galleries, where people sell the :paintings" of their babies for huge amount of money) Maybe one can do the business on that in the future?:)
Andreas_Maroon

Postby Andreas_Maroon » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:40 pm

Paul_O wrote:Maybe one can do the business on that in the future?:)

Tips! I will do that - and I'll give you 10 percent of each picture when the business will start to pay off) That was a nice story about the dress, by the way - thanks! Actually, I know a similar one - but in that case it did include the white wall and the markers... and I was in the main role there) My parents were so angry.. but dad did laugh, actually) Anyway - it is pity they did not do the picture of my masterpiece from the living room... Else way I would give it to some psychologist - and I would really wonder what he would say about my personality in the age of 5 years)
Just_R

Postby Just_R » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:55 am

Andreas_Maroon wrote: it is pity they did not do the picture of my masterpiece from the living room...

I am sure it would be really interesting to see, what did you paint there) I know about such modern type of painting - that may be used even by people who did not ever paint in their life - and do not have any kind of skills in this art. You just take the brush, or the pencil - and start to draw whatever shapes that are coming to your mind.. That is a pretty interesting thing, because even though you cannot draw something real - you can draw really interesting abstractions. I did that a few times - and people say that it does look quite interesting))
Samuel Hunt

Postby Samuel Hunt » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:52 pm

Children drawings are very important part of children's consience and parents have to be interested in what children draw. It can be interrupted very easily , children can not hide their emotions and feelings so they express it just on pictures. You should just look at them deeply.
Just_R

Postby Just_R » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:11 pm

Samuel Hunt wrote:You should just look at them deeply.

When you are watching into the abyss, the abyss is watching at you)) Something like that with the children paintings, right?:) You are right that kids ar not able to hide their emotions... That is the trait that the adult people are loosing with age - and often against their will. I wonder if we would have the same emotional power of expression , that we had when we were kids - how would we behave? How would our songs sound - and how would our pictures look? and i wonder - what would paint a child, if he would be born with a ll the skills and technique of the professional artist)
Williams

Postby Williams » Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:49 am

i think that they just tell us about the child's feelings and everything that he sees around him and everything that makes a great impact on him. if you see something on the drawings of your child then i think that you may be sure that your child has seen it a anywhere. and i think that you shall pay mush attention to what your child draws because for him it is very important and for you ti shall be in the same way. that is why when you see something not very pleasant on his drawings you shall definitely talk to him about it and know what has happened to him.

Return to “Fathers’ section”