What do the children's drawings say us about?

Martin_T

What do the children's drawings say us about?

Postby Martin_T » Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:08 pm

Each of us, the adults, constantly wants to know how he can better understand his child. I think one of the ways - children's drawings. For children it is difficult to express their emotions and feelings by words, so many do it on paper through the ink or pencil, but the children's drawings can provide invaluable information to parents about the health and outlook of their child. How can parents interpret children’s drawings?
Adam

Re: What do the children's drawings say us about?

Postby Adam » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:25 pm

I’ve read recently an article about the colors in children's drawings. If the child correctly uses all the colors: grass - green, sky - blue, the sun - yellow. There is no reason to worry - your baby feels harmony. If in the picture there is dominated red color - the child is very active. You can even observe hyperactivity. If the child uses blue, it is possible that a child is sad or bored by someone from relatives of close friends. Black color and strokes, tearing paper, should alert parents, so they can talk about fear and depression experienced by the child. Colors can really say a lot about children. You should just be attentive and try to understand your child.
Prescot

Postby Prescot » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:35 pm

If a child draws favorite heroes or cartoon books, parents do not need to worry - their child feels comfortable and passionate about the story. These children easily learn something new. If a child loves to draw animals, parents can judge the mental state of the child on the mood of the animal, which he painted. Children often pass on their experience drawing animals. The drawing filled with tanks, planes, battles. Boys are quite like them. They allow the baby to escape from natural aggression. On picture there are scenes: volcanoes, earthquakes, tsunamis, violent. It should cause parents concern and attention. These plots show the fears and anxiety of the child.
Richard

Postby Richard » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:43 pm

And my child likes to draw family. Therefore recently I read about this some information. If a child shows the whole family together in the picture then the child feels comfortable and confident. If the child shows itself separately or smaller than other children in the family, he feels unloved, lacking parental care and attention. The absence of a family member or an image in the far corner of the drawing means that a child never forgets to draw the whole family, no family member or department it shows the conflict between them. But if you have some worries you can consult a psycholigist!
JanisNiv

Postby JanisNiv » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:30 am

i i were a psychologist i would say that the pectures say a lot. irst of all they talk about the personality o a man, you know? The colosr which a kid chooses, the forms, the way they paint everything has the meaning. that is why i you found something desterbing in the pictures, ask the kid's therapist.
Paul_O

Postby Paul_O » Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:30 pm

When I was a small kid, I really liked to draw my parents, mother especially. I still have those drawings somewhere. Though, speaking of all this psychological stuff.. you need to remember that psychology is not a precise science. It is based on the statistics, not the axioms, therefore, if your child gives the advantage to the red colour in its drawings, that does not necessarily mean that the child is hyperactive, or something like that. for some reason I really liked to use the black colour in my paintings.. I wonder how would psychologists interpret that fact?:) Am I tempted to the darkness?:)
Miller

Postby Miller » Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:23 pm

That's what a child’s picture of the family can tell parents. Typically, children who experience psychological discomfort in the family, choose less bright colors. Strict parent is likely to be depicted with a dark color and a good parent - in a much more vivid colors. The brighter the color, which depicts one or another member of the family, the more positive emotions it provokes in a child. The amount of remaining space on the paper can also be indicative of the internal state of the child. The large area it uses for drawing, the calmer and more confident a child feels. Another important indicator of the importance of the members in the eyes of a child can be the order in which they are depicted. Usually the most significant figure is depicted first and it is larger.
DamonLink

Postby DamonLink » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:12 pm

Oh, you know, they do say a lot. even at schools and children gardens the psychologists usually have certain tasks with pictures, colors... the therapist understand from them what problems do kids have, what the character they have... I do know they are strong in the therapy.
Ben_Roar

Postby Ben_Roar » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:25 pm

I do not really believe in the modern psychology. they do make a very subtle thing of it, that is quite true, in my opinion. But the modern psychologists forgot that you cannot make conclusions basing only on some scattered facts. That is why I do not think it is worth to analyse all the stuff that the kid is painting. I think kids are painting simply everything that they see around. He saw something blue a minute ago - and here he is, painting or drawing something blue. Does this mean he is upset? Of course no. Perhaps the psychologist , who made this conclusion, was upset with something , that had blue colour?:)
Ben_Roar

Postby Ben_Roar » Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:00 pm

The span on the forum again.. admins do not do a good job, I see... Anyway) I recalled, that when I was a child, I had a talent for the drawing. My parents even wanted to take me to the specialized school, but i the end they decided that this is a too specific thing to give so much effort to it. they always were practical people, and they proved to be right. I wonder what will be the first drawings of my Susan, when she will be able to do that . I would really wish her to draw an awkward human figure , and when she would give that drawing to me - she would say "It is you, dad))".

Return to “Fathers’ section”