Traveling by car with a child

Just_R

Re: Traveling by car with a child

Postby Just_R » Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:24 pm

Ben_Roar wrote: But if you want to show the world to your kid - it is better to do when he is in the age of 1 0 - 15 years, or even more.

I am agree on that. It is funny to look at some parents, who are asking their 18 years old son "Hey, Bobby, do you remember our trip to New York when you were 6 months old? How can you not remember, I though you were so exited??". That is classics, almost straight from George Carlyn's stand ups) When you want the kid to see the world, you should wait till he will be in the age proper for that kind of errand - when the world will start to interest him. Speaking about the small child and the car - I think I told all I could in my previous post)
Andreas_Maroon

Postby Andreas_Maroon » Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:54 pm

What a great experience that would be indeed)) We already started the surrogacy program.. and my fiancé has some money that we were saving for buying the car. I think that would be a great way to celebrate the birth of our first born)) We are going to travel along Italy, so in the case of emergency there will always be a hospital in the radius of several miles - we are going to make a special route to make sure it is going to be that way) The travelling for me is the best way of spending time, buys) And doing that with all the family - that would be simply awesome!)
Frank Thomson

Postby Frank Thomson » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:56 pm

How old is your child? If your kid is really small, there's nothing to worry about, the baby will sleep biger half of a road. I have a motion sickness too, so I like to sleep in the car during a trip ;) But for older child it won't work the whole way, you need to think this through very well. At first take your child's favourite toys, maybe some soft toys for your baby to feel comfortable. You can also turn on lovely songs and sing them all together in your car. Plasticine develops a great mental and notor activity, you can model some animals or food, it'll be fun!
Just_R

Postby Just_R » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:47 pm

anyway, I have one thing to ask you. If you are going to travel with a small kid - please, use some personal vehicle) I know what does it mean to travel by the train or the bus with people, who are travelling with a small kid. When he starts to scream... you have nowhere to hide and nowhere to go. You are especially lucky, if these people are sitting right next to you. I think that it is pretty rude of these people - they are being careless not only for the comfort of the people surrounding them, but also for their own baby. Imagine, how would it feel to the small kid to travel by the public transport.
Paul_O

Postby Paul_O » Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:47 am

Just_R wrote:. If you are going to travel with a small kid - please, use some personal vehicle)

You are damn right about that) there are kids, who are calm, and even if they start to cry - their parents do handle them quite easily. but there are some who are real small devils. If it starts to scream - there will be no way to calm it down. and when that does happen in the middle of the trip on the train , bus, or even worse - the plane - then you will have to suffer this nightmare, if you want it or no. i do not even know whom to put the blame on here... I suppose, the only ones who are responsible for that, are the parents of course.
Andreas_Maroon

Postby Andreas_Maroon » Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:24 pm

Paul_O wrote: If you are going to travel with a small kid - please, use some personal vehicle)

I do love kids - but I hate the kind of the situation that you described... The last time I was having a trip on the plane - I was sitting behind a woman with a small child, about a year old - who was screaming all the way from Berlin to Rome... Thanks God - it was not such a long flight - but the hour of continuous screams - that is not something you would like to experience.. .in the end - i got home with a terrible headache - and really irritated. I made myself a promise - that if I have to travel the plain with the kid - I will make sure he is going to sleep during all the flight)
Ben_Roar

Postby Ben_Roar » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:13 pm

Andreas_Maroon wrote:I do love kids - but I hate the kind of the situation that you described...

I really do hate to say this - but we got to this situation with Susan once. We were on a flight from York to out home, to the Luton airport... We were visiting Mike's relatives. All three of us, me , Mike and Susan. So this was a pretty short flight - not more then a hour. But in the middle of the flight Susan started to cry for no visible reason, and she did not stop till we landed. We were so embarrassed. i mean - people around were making look that this amuses them, but I know what they felt, this was the irritation. And I would feel the same on their place. These are the British manners)
Andreas_Maroon

Postby Andreas_Maroon » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:44 pm

Ben_Roar wrote:I really do hate to say this - but we got to this situation with Susan once.

I hope that will not repeat. I know about your legendary British politeness - but I can imagine how did people feel there)) I know that in the planes in such situations the people with small kids leave to the restroom - to stop annoying all other passengers, did not you do something like that? Did not the stewardess tell you about this option? That is strange.. That was her duty. Anyway - you will know that the next time you are going to travel by the plane. I will try to make my kid fall asleep before getting on board. I do respect the people around me)
Rick14

Postby Rick14 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:58 pm

You can face several problems I think. First try to start at night. Maybe you will have possibility to drive and a child to sleep in a car for some time. When child is awake sure he needs entertainment. I am sure reading stories, listening will make him bored after some time. You can use some games with fingers, head movement or dancing to songs . Sure without jumping and stamping. Stops will be obligatory anyway. There you must maximally move. Give a child a few minutes to enjoy space. I’m sure you will cope. If you go on holiday it’s a good motivation and no obstacles can spoil your plans.
Just_R

Postby Just_R » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:09 pm

Rick14 wrote:First try to start at night.

You know.. your words made me feel myself silly) Why did not i think of that before?:) Really, thanks - I will use that one when the time will come for me to have my own kid)) Dammit) That the strange thing is that I never could sleep in the night - when I was travelling... Since I was a small child - I can remember that quite well. So in my case - i am going to be the biological father of my kid.. and if he is going to inherit this trait from me - your advice is not going to work, unfortunately) But I am going to try using it, thanks alot anyway))

Return to “Fathers’ section”