Traveling by car with a child

Martin_T

Traveling by car with a child

Postby Martin_T » Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:08 pm

My husband and I are planning a long trip. And of course we are going to take a kid. But even for an adult to sustain a long time in such trip is quite difficult. You can imagine how difficult it is for a child. A long trip for a young child – really a serious test, because the baby is sitting in a car chair and he is much limited in movement. Tired of doing nothing, all children begin to act up and spoil the mood of everyone sitting in the car. How can I entertain a child in a car trip?
Adam

Re: Traveling by car with a child

Postby Adam » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:28 pm

Drawing on the glass. Kids love to draw, especially where it is impossible. Let your child draw only with pens that can be washed then. When choosing markers for drawing note that some of them persistent and not washed away from the glass. Be sure to consult with the sellers and at the same time check when buying proper markers. Sing songs. Male a disk or on any media save (USB flash drive, memory card), your child's favorite songs. Sometimes sing along with it, and any trip would be interesting to him! Listen to audio fairy. Kids love fairy tales. Well, now that there was now a lot of recorded audio tales. Pick up and listen to the child's interest in advance for recording.
Prescot

Postby Prescot » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:31 pm

Take a few new toys, bought the day before. You can take a book with stickers, they diversify the journey. Take a trip to the baby drink, a snack, such as a cookie or children’s pastry. Put portable TV with DVD function, and let your child watches cartoons on headphones. Make it a rule to make stops for you and for children. Fatigue never appears if you have a rest at a 15-minute stop at suitable place. Make on these parking your child warm up more. Let it play, or run around! Just spending a lot of energy, he will be able to sit quietly in the car seat, and even sleep for a long time!
Richard

Postby Richard » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:46 pm

You can play with your child a variety of games that will help distract the baby from the monotonous drive. Create a supply of toys, expanding their small "chunks" on bags, and alternately changing sets. This may be the most favorite toys, and a completely new and better - unusual. To reduce the cost of buying new games, set aside part of the existing toys. For a month the baby forgets what he was playing, and acquire the status of new toys.
JanisNiv

Postby JanisNiv » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:25 am

Although i do not have my own kid, but as or me the travel depends first of al on the age o your child and secondly on the distance.. kids they are full o energy and they simply cannot hold everything stable.. be always sitting.. and i a child is a small one well, you'l have even more problems.
Paul_O

Postby Paul_O » Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:33 pm

Guys gave you good advices here.. there are lot of ways to entertain the kid) The drawing is one of them. there are different puzzles for small kids, as well. But I dont know.. I think the trip itself would be the best entertainment.. it all does depend on the age of the kid as well, though. I remember myself, when I was on the road trips with my parents. I was gazing in the window all the time, until I fell asleep, if the trip was long enough. I really liked that was of spending time. Though there are kids that can simply spoil you the trip by their behaviour.. you should think twice before taking the kid to the trip)
Miller

Postby Miller » Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:19 pm

You can play in the listing - just look out the window and call up everything on the line that comes on the road. And if the child already knows the letters - choose any and name those objects that start with it. Watching the clouds is also a great way to entertain a child. First, let's talk about what is there, in the sky - clouds and how they differ from each other. It will be interesting to watch what clouds look like (great exercise for the development of the imagination), how they change, becoming ... what? If your children still cannot read, you can take pictures on billboards. Pay attention of the child to the "picture" when you pass by, and ask to name items shown there. Some children like to sing songs from television commercial advertising.
Ben_Roar

Postby Ben_Roar » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:56 pm

Miller wrote:You can play in the listing

when the kid is too small for that, it does not work, unfortunately) Though in any other case that is a good thing, I will remember that! We did travel already, not that far though. that was a 3 days trip to Cornwall, the south west of the Great Britain, beautiful places. Our Susy was 8 months then, and she felt quite ok, as if she did not leave her room at all She did not cry, but was always gazing in the window.. I even thought that she is much more interested in the outer world then babies usually are in her age. She eat and slept really well. I suppose I am a hell of a lucky father)
Just_R

Postby Just_R » Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:19 am

If you are going to travel with a kid by a care, get ready to a really nasty drive) I have had my experience of such a ride. Mostly it was filled with screams and cries of my small nephew)) Yes, we did have a lot of fun then, my sister, her husband and I. I suppose he just did not like the travelling by the car. On the other hand, if the child is ok with that, and he is calm by his nature, what problems may be?Food, the pacifier, a pack of diapers, and you can ride along as long as you need to, in my opinion) I think that if the child is ok with travelling, it may be a really good trip!
Ben_Roar

Postby Ben_Roar » Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:17 pm

i am not sure, though, about the point of such travelling. When the kid is a year , 3 years old, even five - he will not have any memories remained about this travel, however marvellous it may be. In my opinion. Well, if you have a lot of money to travel around, and if you are a passionate traveller yourself, and you have no one to leave the kid for - then there is a point, of c=course, tough that is rather a necessity) But if you want to show the world to your kid - it is better to do when he is in the age of 1 0 - 15 years, or even more. that is my opinion) As for me - I really loved to travel, when I was younger.

Return to “Fathers’ section”