In what way you should to talk to your kids about same-sex marriage

Dan36

In what way you should to talk to your kids about same-sex marriage

Postby Dan36 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:58 pm

Hi, there! Today I've read a very interresting article. I think that it would be very interresting for dads. http://gaynewseurope.com/en/2017/11/24/ ... -marriage/
It’s difficult for parents to discuss with their children about same-sex couples. That’s why there are some advise how to speak about transgender people. Here are some things that can help make these conversations easier. Start by having open communication and letting your child know that you are willing to answer their questions. Conversations should be brief and factual. There are many benefits of having open, clear, factual discussions with children about relationships and sexuality from an early age. When parents talk to their children about sexuality-related issues, children are likely to feel good about themselves, their bodies and their gender. Parents should be aware that their child may be a target of homophobic bullying, especially as the same-sex marriage debate continues. Ask your child if they are OK and let them know you are always available should they need to talk. Be prepared to help your child respond effectively to bullying and to be an advocate for them at school. What do you think about it?
Lui

Re: In what way you should to talk to your kids about same-sex marriage

Postby Lui » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:50 am

Woooow what a helpful article. I would like to say that it is really fantastic that you have shared this information. I have found out something interesting for myself. For example :It’s difficult for parents to discuss with their children about same-sex couples. That’s why there are some advise how to speak about transgender people. Here are some things that can help make these conversations easier. Start by having open communication and letting your child know that you are willing to answer their questions. Conversations should be brief and factual. I think it can be helpful
Cris

Postby Cris » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:43 pm

Hello to all the guys. This is a great topic for discussion and I will be happy to participate in it. Undoubtedly the conversation with the child about the orientation of his parents and not only is inevitable, and requires special preparation. When I have a child, I will try to explain everything to him as best as possible and in an accessible language. I would like to let him know that he has the right to choose who he wants to be, and if his parents are gay, it does not mean that he has to be gay too. :?
Timmy

Postby Timmy » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:34 am

Nice to meet you here today too. How are you going to spend this day??? As for this article I have found out additional information.. For example it’s difficult for parents to discuss with their children about same-sex couples. That’s why there are some advise how to speak about transgender people. Here are some things that can help make these conversations easier. Start by having open communication and letting your child know that you are willing to answer their questions. Conversations should be brief and factual.
Ernest

Postby Ernest » Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:42 pm

For conclusions about the influence of sexual orientation of parents on the sexuality of children, there is still not enough longitudinal research.
But Freud also built his theories on empirical experience. And his theories are still used. In my experience working with children from same-sex couples I can say that these are heterosexual children. And I did not observe the direct influence of the sexual orientation of parents on the sexuality of children.
Much more important is the personal qualities of those adults with whom a child grows, and in this sense there is no homosexual "in general".
Diego

Postby Diego » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:22 pm

Fortunately, the child's world does not consist only of parents. Children everywhere meet men and women, read in books and see in the movie the experiences of heroines and heroic deeds. In short, if a child does not grow in complete isolation, he has enough landmarks for correct self-identification. Psychologists know a lot of cases when, for various reasons, a baby is not raised by a mother from infancy, but by a father. And this does not affect development in any way. In addition, today the pope often cooks borscht, and my mother runs a huge business. I worked with such families and I can say that the boys in them grow masculine, and the girls - feminine. I do not see why in homosexual couples should be different.
Max76

Postby Max76 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:55 am

It is important to be aware of the process of saying truth about the orientation. You can discourage your child from colloquial use of terms such as “gay” or “homo” to represent things that are negative or bad. Although often not purposely used to be hateful, these expressions can be quite commonplace in schools and carry negative connotations for LGBTQI+ people. Young children may have limited exposure to same-sex couples and “non-traditional” family structures, so it is important that parents help normalise all family types.
Rob1012

Postby Rob1012 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:45 pm

Ok,maybe I will surprise you,but I won't talk with children about same-sex marriages.They will see it with their own eyes on the example of my husband and me and our such model of family .
When I was a child ,my parents never talk with me about sex and other orientation.But I found out about all of it when I was 13.It all comes gradually and you don't need to talk with your children about same-sex marriages ,they will know about it anyway .I will discuss it with them only in the case they will ask about it themselves .
Felix

Postby Felix » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:35 am

To tell the truth i think that it is very inportant to prepare you child for future life in the status of gay's child. we all know that our world and people in it are very cruel and of course there will be many situations in which your child will suffer if you do not tell your child all the truth about your family.
I think that children can understand it and for some reasons they can hate you. but not for a long time. so be ready for that.
Romario

Postby Romario » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:38 pm

How are you going to spend this day? What about weather in your countries? It so snowy in my. All parents should read this article. All of them!!!! There are many benefits of having open, clear, factual discussions with children about relationships and sexuality from an early age. When parents talk to their children about sexuality-related issues, children are likely to feel good about themselves, their bodies and their gender. Parents should be aware that their child may be a target of homophobic bullying,

Return to “Fathers’ section”