the most important achievement in my life

JanisNiv

Re: the most important achievement in my life

Postby JanisNiv » Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:55 pm

You know guys i do not think that it is appropriate tot alk about achievements now, when i am young and perhaps my major achievement is in uture... I do really hope that it would be a kid which I and my hubby would get sooner or later.I do wanna have a child.
DamonLink

Postby DamonLink » Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:00 pm

i want to believe that soon it would be a kid and this would be the most important thing i did. but nowadays when i haven't really serious, or serious enough reations, i cannot NOW SAY I DO HAVE A GREAT ACHIEVEMENT/ So let's just say that my achievent for now is the ife i live. i ike it. all of it)) and i am gad i have this life :)
Just_R

Postby Just_R » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:54 pm

Achievements in life is a pretty sensitive and subtle topic. sometimes people are living their lives without putting any goals and milestones. they just live it right trough - and then they do not regret about anything. Other people do have ambitions, do have some dreams they want to come true. sometimes they achieve that, sometimes no. But even if they do - often they see that it was not worth of it. It is very sad. The most precious thing that we have in our life is time. and sometimes you do not know how to spend it properly, what should you put your time into. Such thoughts do make me sad sometimes. what if I am living my life the way that will make me feel regrets afterwards?
Paul_O

Postby Paul_O » Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:44 am

Just_R wrote:sometimes people are living their lives without putting any goals and milestones.

I am not of that type, definitely. I cannot tell what is the "best" way to live your life - since there is the best way for each separate person. But i am glad that I can easily defy what is the best way for me. I do like to plan. I do like to put the milestones and to achieve my goals. Each time I achieve something, when I do fulfil one of my dreams, I do feel this life to the fullest. i do feel that I am able to change this reality and do what I want . that is an amazing feeling. And the one thing that this life had taught me - is that only the labour and persistence will help you to change this reality.
Andreas_Maroon

Postby Andreas_Maroon » Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:27 pm

Paul_O wrote:I am not of that type, definitely.

Me too. I like to plan.. I know that the real roots of this kind of behaviour and lifestyle are not very "noble".. i think the roots are in the fear of rapid changes - and ion the wish to find some comfort and balance between the world that is changing constantly and rapidly - and your inner world, that is separated from the reality - and lives by its own laws. but I think that it is the best way - to search for the balance, rather then to fall into the extremities. Like Tyler Durden in the Fight club movie.. the person who lived only with the present moment. I adored him - but i would not want to live that kind of life)
Ben_Roar

Postby Ben_Roar » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:59 pm

Andreas_Maroon wrote:Me too. I like to plan..

I never like to have a particular kind of plan, but instead I've always knew really well what I do want to achieve, And it seemed to me that someone else had the plan for my life, making the right things happen in the right time. I think that is a benefit of being a "slow-poke" , in terms of "eagerness to succeed". these days the society standards have a huge pressure on the people, they always pressure them to succeed. And people start to remind me of the rats in the rat races. they are in the chase that they do not really want to be in, and they think they do not have any other choice.
Andreas_Maroon

Postby Andreas_Maroon » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:46 pm

It is nice to be spontaneous of course. Sometimes. the thing is that some people often ovedo it. some people do not think about their future, they are living only with the present moment. That does work for some time of course.. But in the life of the most part of people eventually comes the moment, when they want to settle down., What do you need for that? Some profession, a decent job... And people who were partying instead of studying and making the career - what can they do? the time is lost already. It is really sad to see such people.
Just_R

Postby Just_R » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:27 pm

Andreas_Maroon wrote: It is really sad to see such people.

It is. On the other hand - i feel pity for the people who were working from nine to six five days a week all their lives, only allowing themselves to take a more wide look on this world once a year, when they have their small paid vacation. I think that you need to find the balance between these 2 extremities, to be really happy. that demands self discipline and some sacrifices (not to the Satan)). That is the way I am trying to build my life now - the way we are building our life with my partner, actually. I wonder if the kid will be a help here, or the obstacle.
Andreas_Maroon

Postby Andreas_Maroon » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:18 pm

Just_R wrote: I wonder if the kid will be a help here, or the obstacle.

I think that in this case the kid will rather be the indicator. If you did build your life in this really well balanced way - the kid will come to your life really easily - and he is going to take its natural place among your values - on the top of the pyramid, so to say, I hope on that) And if you were wrong about the way you are building your life - you are going to feel that at once. I do not want to scare you beforehand, of course, but you should be ready to correct lots of things in your life in order for the child to fit well in your world. What does your husband think of that?
Just_R

Postby Just_R » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:16 am

Andreas_Maroon wrote:I think that in this case the kid will rather be the indicator.

Maybe the kid can be observed in that role, in this case, but you must agree - that it is not really good to compare the living being with the part of a machine. If the kid is the indicator - it is live indicator, that not only reflects the changes of some factor - but that is feeling and suffering from that factor as well. that is why I think it is better to be an indicator for yourself - and to admit to yourself - if you are ready for certain things or if you are not ready.
Else way this "indication" may cost you dearly.. And you will not ever forgive yourself for being careless.

Return to “Fathers’ section”