Healing period

Paul_O

Re: Healing period

Postby Paul_O » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:32 am

Andreas_Maroon wrote:if you feel hurt - what is the point to linger on with that feeling?

you are right about that , of course. On the other hand - each separation, each breaking up is not just pain and nothing but the pain. I remember once - after an end of long relations - I was hanging around with friends all the time - just to get myself distracted from that pain inside. And I told one of my former classmates of my situation - and he said "A Breakeup? that is awesome, congratulations!" I was stunned first - and asked him if that was a kind of a bad joke. But he explained me - that instead of being grim and miserable - I should force myself to look on the bright side of the situation. I have new opportunities opened in front of me, new possibilities. Besides, he said - you need to learn a lesson - why did this happened - and not to repeat the same mistake the next time.
Just_R

Postby Just_R » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:44 am

I never had those healing periods - basically because I was always the one who broke the relations.. That may sound pretty cynical - but I was never really attached to any of my partners the way they were attached to me... Recent years showed me that it is changing though.. I am with my BF for two years already - and only after this time I start to feel that I am bounded to him emotionally. I know that my ex boyfriends had hard times to recover.. Well - I feel really sorry for people who are taking the breakup that hard. But I suppose we all have our own lessons to learn in this life)
Moppy

Postby Moppy » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:18 pm

The healing period is the period during which an employee is recovering from the injurious consequences of the work-related accident to the point the employee's condition stabilizes , the date the employee reaches maximum medical improvement. The healing period ends when the employee is as far restored as the permanent nature of his injury will permit, and if the underlying condition causing the disability has become stable and if nothing in the way of treatment will improve that condition, the healing period has ended. :? Conversely, the healing period has not ended so long as treatment is administered for the healing and alleviation of the condition.
Richard

Postby Richard » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:38 pm

Sometimes it can last for a couple of weeks or days. There are some strong personalities that even don't have such period. But for some of us it can last even all our life. I can advise you to do the following. Try to get to know if the same things are going on with your ex. If everything is OK, then it is time to forget everything. Moreover you should do something with your life. Your task it to change it somehow. Try to spend more time in the ompany of your friends or relatives, make new friends, travel and simply enjoy this life. You will always be able to give up, but your life continues!
Paul_O

Postby Paul_O » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:12 am

Richard wrote:There are some strong personalities that even don't have such period.

There are indeed - I knew a guy like that, and few girls. Though in that case it appears to be that there is no healing period just because there is nothing to heal... These people were cool - but they seemed to be.. heartless in come way. Like if they did not have the part of their brain that is responsible for the love and relations. When I saw them being with their couples - they acted as if they played the role, not taking those relations seriously. Nevertheless - they were really opened and reliable people and good friends. I wish I would be that tough) On the other hand - would I be able to love then)
Andreas_Maroon

Postby Andreas_Maroon » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:43 am

Paul_O wrote:they acted as if they played the role, not taking those relations seriously

I know that type of people. They do not really "love" even when they say they do. It is terrible to be in relations with people like that. That is like the trap that you cannot get out of - usually that type of people is very attractive - intellectually, sexually.. You want to marry one - but appears to be that you are just a "toy" for him, when they want to have some good time and have the need to be wanted and loved. I had that experience once - and will never repeat it. The healing period would be really long after such relations) So it is better to think before the start of relations - if it is really worth of it) Sorry for the offtopic)
Ben_Roar

Postby Ben_Roar » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:41 pm

that is what I like about the youth) If you are in love - you think that will last forever, when you are sad - one day seems to be a week) Not that I am that old.. But all the stuff about the healing periods it usually bothering people of more young age. Anyway.. That is my advise to you : when you have the depression, feeling down and lonely - never concentrate your thoughts on that condition. I did have it , long time ago - and when I felt that I am falling down into that again - I just started to work harder - took the night shifts, worked myself almost to the fainting, to the terrible fatigue. That had 2 benefits - I forgot about the emotions - and I made a lot of money)
Nory

Postby Nory » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:20 am

An affair of any sort has a devastating effect on a relationship. If you have cheated on your partner and now seek to reconcile, you have considerable work to do to renew your damaged relationship. The process of healing will be long, emotional, and take substantial work by both parties. Your partner has suffered a devastating blow, and you must both determine whether the resulting damage can be overcome.... Spend time diagnosing the reason for your infidelity. A wide variety of reasons may have contributed to your affair, from low self-esteem, alcoholism, and sex addiction to the pressures of marital problems or perceived deficiencies in your committed relationship.
Stephan

Postby Stephan » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:18 am

I am sure that everyone bears loneliness in his own way. healing peropd is not the same to each of us. if it was the only love in your life, or you think so, then it will be long. but if that was just another relations, it may be short period, you know)))))
Paul_O

Postby Paul_O » Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:43 am

Nory wrote: If you have cheated on your partner and now seek to reconcile

That is the worst scenario. I would never rejoin with the person who cheated on me. I have had an experience of being cheated on, and I still do remember that terrible feeling really well. That was one of the worst experiences in my life. What was even worse - is when that person tried to get me back and to fix the relations. I did not have any temptation to do that already, but the feeling was terrible - as if I am speaking with someone, who only pretends to be the same person that I did love before. Like a zombie, maybe:) Maybe I am being too emotional - but that was just the way I felt myself.

Return to “Gay dating”