Who experienced divorce?

Moppy

Re: Who experienced divorce?

Postby Moppy » Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:02 am

I think you need to rebuild your social life. You should consider the friendships that you might have let go by the way during the marriage. There might be some friends it is worth reconnecting with, even after a long time. People can be very understanding, especially when they have been through similar experiences themselves, and it will help to grow your circle of friends. Divorce is often a time of life when you reassess your personal direction and the things that you have done. It is an ideal time to start hobbies, sports, activities, job changes, volunteering. Think about the things that you like doing and would like to do.
Endi

Postby Endi » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:17 pm

personally i have not experienced a divorce and i would not like to have it. i think that it is really very difficult to overcome it and it is emotionally hard especially when you did not want to do it and it was the decision of your partner. of course you will recover and everything would be good and you would find another man and would be happy but now you have to overcome this difficult period in your life and you would be very happy. i wish you good luck and i hope that you would not think about it.
Paul_O

Postby Paul_O » Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:15 am

I can understand the divorce - this is life and different things may happen. But in the case when you raise the child - there is much more about it. Were you officially married? In that case - what was the decision about who is keeping the baby? Hope that it was still a small child - in that age children do not understand such things and take them more easy. I experienced divorce of my parents when I was eight - and that was a pretty painful experience for me. I dont know if that really influenced on my personality - but I would never wish to go trough that experience to anyone.
Moppy

Postby Moppy » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:23 pm

Hi everybody here) Nice to meet you all here) :) :) :) There are many things to get used to once you've found yourself divorced but the one thing that stands out above others is living alone again. Statistically men don't handle living alone well, sometimes grabbing onto whoever comes along the first time, maybe accounting for some of that divorce rate. And after they divorce are usually quicker to rebound for the same reason. :) :) Men on the other hand, are caregivers by nature, so they are more resilient far more capable living alone and will fare better without a new partner right away.
Nory

Postby Nory » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:36 am

When every part of your daily routine and mind-set has been centered on how you interact with another person, it can be difficult to feel your way around being single again. It's important to give yourself time to mourn and recover, but it's also vital to rediscover the joys of independence. Create a comfortable new routine for yourself. Research recipes that you can make and freeze in batches so that you can enjoy a healthy, home-cooked meal without working too hard on weeknights. Resist the urge to sit in front of the television as soon as you get home from work. Eat at a table with a book, or listen to a favorite radio station or podcast.
Stephan

Postby Stephan » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:09 am

I haven't experienced this, and hope never to experience, cause now when my husband and I have a child - that would be a real torture not only for me but for a kid as well. that is why you even have not to think about it. but if one of you faced it, i am realy sorry. it must be really difficult for you.
Andreas_Maroon

Postby Andreas_Maroon » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:52 pm

People from this topic should be redirected to the relative topic about the healing period) Divorces became such an usual thing in the modern world, that they became no different of simple break in the relations. there is one major difference though. If you are legally married, it is not only about him taking his stuff and moving from your apartment (and yes - he always forgets the teeth-brush). It is abut courts, lawyers and really nasty questions about your mutual real estate and funds. That is why I am against the marriage at all. Less headache when you get in that situation, that is basically a simple separation (breaking up).
Paul_O

Postby Paul_O » Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:32 am

Andreas_Maroon wrote: he always forgets the teeth-brush

That is classics, I like it) You made this notion just to the point) Though I think that in case of the divorce it does not happen often. when you are breaking up - you just grab your stuff and leave. At least you might do it that way. But when people are married officially, this process takes longer time and more occasions to see each other. It is a step by step process. Though I know some people who are still married officially - but they broke up for years already, they are not communicating and have their separate and untangled with each other ways of life. I doubt that the toothbrush can survive periods that long )
V_Vegas

Postby V_Vegas » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:24 am

Divorce is never a pleasant thing. But I am glad that it exists, and that our society leaves that option for the couples. We are living beings, and our personalities do change as the time goes by. The person you married with may be not the same in several years. Maybe you did not know this person good enough before the marriage, and maybe this person concealed some things from your sight. Anyway, there are situations in this life when people in the couple do not want to be together. It is very sad, when only one of the couple wishes to leave. But that is his right. We have aright to build our own lives, and no one is completely safe from making a mistake.
Ben_Roar

Postby Ben_Roar » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:45 am

V_Vegas wrote:Divorce is never a pleasant thing. But I am glad that it exists

I am afraid to say, that I am glad to that fact as well. I do not think that in my marriage we will ever come to the point, when we will be considering about using this privilege of the modern man. But sometimes the very understanding that you can end the relations gives you some calmness in difficult situations. You know that there is always the way our, and you can use it whenever you want. Meanwhile, you can consider some other options) In previous centuries divorce was forbidden, and people had to live surrounded by the inevitability. That felt much like condemnation, I believe. that is terrible.

Return to “Gay dating”