The alcoholism in the family

Forum rules
You are welcome to have a small talk here
Timmy

Re: The alcoholism in the family

Postby Timmy » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:59 pm

I suppose it is difficult topic for discussion because each person has personal opinion as for this question and it should be included in our conversation. To my mind alcoholism happens very often nowadays in our world. I am sure that it is very sad story as well. Because under the influences of alcohol people don't understand that it can destroy their life as well as relationships with close people. I faced with alcoholism in family, not in mine hopefully, but just in my aunt's family. Her husband was a horrible alcoholic and he was eager to waste all money just for stiff beverages. It is destroying fact, don't even try to be involved in drinking it
Howard

Postby Howard » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:05 pm

When there is alcoholism in a family, everyone is impacted in a negative manner. Many feel shame, anger, embarrassment, internalized fears of "not being good enough" and more. You may not be able right now to escape the alcoholic, but there are ways for you to cope. Choose to not feel ashamed. Shame is a self-imposed feeling. No one can "shame" you. Remember YOU are not the alcoholic. Make sure that you have friends who know, and who care about you for who YOU are. Don't isolate yourself. Isolating only causes us to feel different from others. Instead of isolating, join groups or activities that you find to be interesting or fun. If somehow the alcoholic in your family does something, well, alcoholic in front of the group, tell them that the person is an alcoholic and you have no control over his or her actions.
Max76

Postby Max76 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:46 pm

Hi there guys. Hopefully I have never faced with it because fortunately my partner doesn't drink at all and me too. Just a glass of wine on some special occasions. I think that drinking alcohol is an evil. I am sure in it because my father was a constant drinker and you can not imagine how it is difficult to live in such family. I was brought up in it and I don't want my child will have the same. That's why me and my husband are ideal examples and role models for our son and for our future children.

Return to “Chit Chat”