The alcoholism in the family

Forum rules
You are welcome to have a small talk here
MARK

Re: The alcoholism in the family

Postby MARK » Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:32 am

It is a huge problem of our society. Alcoholism can easily sneak up on you if you aren't careful. When your social life revolves around going to bars or there's a keg party every weekend, it's hard to keep things under control. Changing your routine and making a serious plan to cut back on your consumption is a good way to start. We need to find the ways how to avoid alcoholism. Try to keep alcohol from home. It's a lot easier for alcohol to become a daily, insidious habit if you always keep it within reach. If your liquor cabinet is always stocked, you can easily be tempted. If there is a half-drunk bottle of wine or a six pack is chilling in the fridge, it's going to be tough to avoid drinking.
MORAN

Postby MORAN » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:51 am

I know that it is huge problem for a family... Alcoholism and the family - a problem I know a lot about because my father was an alcoholic for a large number of my childhood and early adult years. :cry: :cry: And so alcoholism in the family was something I just got used to from a very young age. Sometimes it happened that he could sleep even in the shop :| My heart would sink because I knew what lay in store even though he never got abusive or behaved horribly when he was drunk ... From that moment we start to searching for solution. He went to the hospital and was there for 3 month. Since he never drink alcohol. :) :)
Milky

Postby Milky » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:03 am

When you decide to give up alcohol, you also decide to give up parts of your life. .. If you used to drink when you were sad, or happy, or stressed out, or bored, you may be especially tempted to drink whenever you experience those emotions again. You can’t avoid or ignore your feelings, but you can learn to manage them. You need to shoice the healthy lifestyle. The worse you feel — emotionally and physically — the easier it is to descend into relapse. When you are rested, relaxed, energetic, and have a positive attitude, you will have greater willpower and less reasons to rationalize taking a drink.
Nory

Postby Nory » Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:20 pm

The idea of alcoholism and family “life” remaining somewhat normal is truly a contradiction. Until an alcoholic gets help, life will never quite be the same, and even afterwards the damage takes time to heal. In the early stages of alcoholism, it may seem like life remains fairly consistent. In fact, people may not know for a while that anything is wrong. Alcoholism in the family is a slow disease – the awareness of it comes gradually as do the slowly progressing warning signs. As the disease progresses, those signs become easier see, especially as drinking becomes more important than everything, and everyone else.
Matthey

Postby Matthey » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:45 pm

Alcoholism in the family ruins everything, all the family is suffering because of one person, but I think that this person drinks as he suffers from the whole family. I am absolutelly sure that he drinks because of lack of love or understanding. When you give no love to your husband, he starts to search it in alcohol or another men. So if you have such a problem in your family I would strongly recommend you to find a problem in yourself first of all!
Nory

Postby Nory » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:50 am

Hi everybody here) Unfortunately this is very common problem in everyday world.... Alcoholism has two features which make it a uniquely family-related issue and concern. In the first place, it appears alcoholism has a strong genetic component and susceptibility can be passed down through the generations. Secondly, alcoholism affects the family first, and perhaps, the most of all relationships. :evil: :evil: :evil: Alcoholism can also ruin the lives of family members. Alcoholics have difficulty taking an objective view on life, and they may not realize that they are acting in an unfair or even abusive manner.
Ridos

Postby Ridos » Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:51 pm

Hi everybody here) Before you do anything, it’s important to know whether your friend or loved one truly has an alcohol problem. Alcoholism is more than just drinking too much from time to time. It is a debilitating, physical dependence on alcohol. Alcoholics may deny that a problem even exists. They may continue to drink when all aspects of professional and social relationships are affected. Yet therapy and other treatments can be very effective at helping people develop coping skills and strategies to maintain sobriety. If the person does have an alcohol problem, the best thing you can do is be open and honest with them about it.
James2

Postby James2 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:10 am

Hi everybody ) This is a huge problem because alcoholism can ruin the lives of family members. Alcoholics have difficulty taking an objective view on life, and they may not realize that they are acting in an unfair or even abusive manner. This is sobering, considering the fact that one out of four children in the US are in regular contact with a person who abuses alcohol. Alcoholism is destructive to those closest to the alcoholic, and it affects families in several different ways. Many times, rehabilitating an alcoholic is only one part of the process of healing a home. Family members may also need support and counseling.
florian

Postby florian » Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:16 am

Alcoholism destroys families, relations and everything where its appears. Quarrels, crimes, even murders can be as a results of alcoholism. It's a disease that must be cured. If you have an alcoholic in your family it will be a long struggle. Long and hard. But if you will work hard. I'm sure you will win!
Nilson

Postby Nilson » Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:59 am

The effects of alcoholism on families can cause more damage and pain than any other internal or external influence on the family unit. The impact of the drinker’s abuse or addiction is usually manifested differently with each member of the family and has long-term implications.Once children become adults, the effects of alcoholism on families continue to impact their lives. They experience difficulties trusting others and have relationship issues. Depression is common, as is anxiety, aggression and impulsive behavior. Adult children of alcoholics continue having a negative self-image, which causes them to make poor choices and accumulate failures in their work, social and family lives.

Return to “Chit Chat”