how can i speak more clear?

Forum rules
You are welcome to have a small talk here
Nory

Re: how can i speak more clear?

Postby Nory » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:39 am

Hi everybody here) To speak clear you should articulate every word. Pronounce each syllable individually. Take it very slowly, at first, until each sound is clear and distinct. Gradually speed up your speech and decrease the space between words until you are speaking normally . Make sure you actually stop the air for consonants . Differentiate between your vowels. Don't expect to speak with perfect clarity right away. You may need to practice this for several hours each day, and you may need to practice more to master difficult words. Practice when you're alone – in the car, or walking down the street....
Jeremy

Postby Jeremy » Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:06 pm

as far as i know there are a lot of special exercises for this.. some doctors, clever mind so to say, advise different exercises... I think it is quite easy to find them here n the web. Also you may practice a lot in fron t of a mirror, in order to improve your abilities)
Ridos

Postby Ridos » Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:10 pm

Mumbling is when you speak so low or skimp on enunciation to the extent that people don't understand what you're saying, and often ask you to repeat yourself. This can be an annoying habit, but chances are that you already know how to speak without mumbling. You have probably had a phone conversation when the connection was poor or spoken to somebody who was hard of hearing, and in these situations you probably spoke loudly and clearly without even thinking about it. Even if you're nervous, good posture will help to give the impression of confidence. Good posture also helps to keep your airways open, so your breath can be stronger.
Chase

Postby Chase » Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:35 pm

of course you understand that it is very important to speak clear because it gives you a way to a lotof profession which need speaking. if you can not speak clear then these jobs are closed for you. but first of all you have to learn to speak slowly. when you speak slowlier then people would understand you well even if you can not speak clear. i think that it would be easier for you to hire the special doctor who will exercise with you clear speaking. a lot of people have this problem.
Ridos

Postby Ridos » Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:39 pm

You should take a deep breath. Calm yourself down before you start speaking, so that your lungs won't run out of air. Distill your thoughts – do not spill them. If you dive into speech without taking time to ground yourself, you may speak more quickly and slur your words. Take the time to center yourself, and proceed mindfully from there. Don't expect to speak with perfect clarity right away. You may need to practice this for several hours each day, and you may need to practice more to master difficult words. Practice when you're alone – in the car, or walking down the street; when cleaning, or knitting, or standing in front of the mirror.
James2

Postby James2 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:04 pm

Hi guys) The reason of it is mumbling . It happens when your conversation partner has a hard time understanding your words—when you have indistinct enunciation. How do you know if you frequently mumble? People will often ask you to repeat yoursel. Mumbling usually happens because your mouth isn’t open enough. When you’ve got partially closed teeth and lips, the syllables can't escape properly and all the sounds run together. Mumbling can also be caused by looking down, and speaking too quietly or too quickly. Whenever you speak, it is important to enunciate or pronounce words or parts of words clearly. To do that, open your mouth very wide and pronounce each syllable separately. Try repeating these words several times this way.
Josh_H

Postby Josh_H » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:26 am

I do agree that in our life we have to be clear when we need to explane something, or when our work is dependant on that, but, cmn.. only you and noone else can do it. if you need advice, then it is better to ask peope who do it, or just read some things in the net, there are a lot of such info here)
Pollo

Postby Pollo » Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:41 am

Hi everybody here) :D :D :DI have several recomendations for you. :D :D You could hire a vocal coach for this sort of thing. You'd probably just need one or two sessions to get some tips and stuff to practice. :D :D :D Short of that, I'd recommend simply envisioning that the person you're talking to is standing another 5 feet away from you. A former choir conductor of mine would go up into the farthest away seat in any auditorium and had us sing to him there, which made us focus on projecting. :D :D :D Might work for you. As the other person said, breathing control is really important, but that can be hard to remember to do in the moment.
Brendon_L

Postby Brendon_L » Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:33 am

Simply. just start talking clear... I don't think it is so much a problem to grip yourself together and start saying something cever if you need it, you know.do not be too nervous and out of order.. Be yourself and do not try to pretend being somebody else..
JanisNiv

Postby JanisNiv » Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:06 am

i guess first of all grip yourself together and do all the thing right, do not be nervous, please... you may also try exercises with a mirrow and do them amost every day, see yourself in reflection and you' understand how to act correctly. also never be in a hurry.

Return to “Chit Chat”