Hip-hop

Forum rules
You are welcome to have a small talk here
MORAN

Re: Hip-hop

Postby MORAN » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:32 am

The tastes are different and we shoul keep this fact in mind :) :) I like listen music and have a huge repertoire. I used to listen to one particular style of music when I was younger … for example, rock music or something like that and the main reason why I did such a thing was that all my friends listened to the same music and some other styles were not very popular among them, well typical for all teenagers 8-) 8-) Now I do not care and actually any kind of music is acceptable for me, it depends on my mood and situation, then I do not have enough time now to listen to music. So I prefer listening to something like the radio or a TV channel as a background to cheer myself up while I am doing something else.
Natan Scot

Postby Natan Scot » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:46 am

Creation of the term hip hop is often credited to Keith Cowboy, rapper with Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five.However, Lovebug Starski, Keith Cowboy, and DJ Hollywood used the term when the music was still known as disco rap. It is believed that Cowboy created the term while teasing a friend who had just joined the U.S. Army, by scat singing the words "hip/hop/hip/hop" in a way that mimicked the rhythmic cadence of soldiers marching. Cowboy later worked the "hip hop" cadence into a part of his stage performance, which was quickly used by other artists such as The Sugarhill Gang in "Rapper's Delight".
Milky

Postby Milky » Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:37 pm

Hi guys) There are a lot of different kinds of music. Some of them appeared long ago, and some are modern. For example, folk music appeared long ago, but it is still alive. There are many local performers, choirs and folk groups in Russia; but perhaps the most famous singer is Nadezhda Babkina. Folk songs are very tuneful and pleasant to listen to. Classical music is often associated with the music of the past. However, this style also includes music being written now, and we may speak of modern classical music. Rap is a modern musical style where the singer speaks or shouts the words in time to music with a steady beat.
Stephan

Postby Stephan » Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:56 pm

Well hip hop is not bad and most of all I prefer gangsta rap is a subgenre of hip hop that often focuses on the violent lifestyles and impoverished conditions of inner-city youths. Schoolly D, N.W.A, Ice-T, Ice Cube, and the Geto Boys are artists most frequently associated with the founding of gangsta rap. These artists were known for mixing the political and social commentary of political rap with the criminal elements and crime stories found in gangsta rap. I love Eminem and it doesn't matter how old he is)) His songs are great)
Chase

Postby Chase » Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:35 am

i do not like hip hop at all i do not understand how people can dance listening to it, maybe i am too old to understand such things. i listen to different types of music, mostly it's thrash/heavy metal and alternative rock, depending on what I feel like listening to. i suggest you give that a go too. here are some good bands/musicians you should check out: Metallica , Nirvana , Megadeth, Carcass, Red Hot Chili Peppers , System of a Down , Alice In Chains, Pearl Jam , Beck , Primus.
florian

Postby florian » Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:42 pm

To me, rap music is missing harmony and melody, and many times, it's missing modal changes in pitch, as much of rap is spoken word and therefore is monotone. We naturally do not change our pitch and tone as much when speaking as we do when singing or playing an instrument.
Adam

Postby Adam » Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:49 pm

Hip-hop - at what you live ... once you feel this spirit, this culture, and you will not be able to go and live without it), but I personally, do not to hate, just do not like. Although I recognize its right to exist, because this is a whole subculture, lifestyle. But to me still very, very far
Nilson

Postby Nilson » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:07 am

I think it is good music to listen and I have read a lot about it. It became popular outside of the African-American community in the late 1980s and by the 2000s became the genre most frequently on a spotify playlist. It is characterized by four distinct elements, all of which represent the different manifestations of the culture: rap music , turntablism or DJing , b-boying and graffiti art . Even while it continues to develop globally in myriad styles, these four foundational elements provide coherence to hip hop culture. The term is often used in a restrictive fashion as synonymous only with the oral practice of rap music
Josh_H

Postby Josh_H » Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:13 am

Hip-hop is great, but i ove dancing not music of this genre, you know. once i even tried to become a part of one street band and for a year was a member. we did a great job and I loved doing different flips, moves. unfortunately our roads aso moved aside and i love now only to watch them dancing)
Easton

Postby Easton » Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:03 pm

as i have said i listen to different music but of course i have some my favourite bands and singers. actually i am not a very big fan of hip hop but if you are interested in the music i like then i will show you the list of my favourite bands and singers. 1 Paramore 2 foo fighters 3 panic at the disco 4 fall out boy 5 Linkin park 6 my chemical romance 7 Chvrches 8 twenty one pilots 9 green day 10 all time low 11 the all American rejects 12 blink 182 13 switchfoot 14 red hot chilli peppers 15 nirvana .

Return to “Chit Chat”