Who is your favorite author?

Forum rules
You are welcome to have a small talk here

Re: Who is your favorite author?

Postby Easton » Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:51 pm

there are a lot of them. for example i like Dan Braun,i really like all the books of him, he writes great and i would like to read even more and more. but in most cases the book does not depend on the author for me. i like to read books of different authors. it is interesting for me. list is incomplete because there are many books, such as Don Quixote, A Tale of Two Cities, The Three Musketeers, Les Misérables, Pride and Prejudice, The Adventures of Pinocchio, I first got to know the story via the Walt Disney movie of the same name - starring Robert Newton in the role of Long John Silver ;) ;) ;)

Postby Miller » Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:20 pm

I like the works of Agatha Christie. I love the purity of the genre, perhaps. One offender, with one of the limited number of people, there is little "action", but a lot of ancient secrets and general psychological implications. And certainly the final monologue of a detective damning a murder. Besides, she really "does not approve killing", as told Hercule Poirot, she favorably differs from the type of detective writers Dzh.H.Cheyza that are ready for the severity of the plot to ditch all the heroes of the polls. It is a pity that such as Agatha Christie, will be no more. She is one of the few women in history, which really has achieved worldwide fame thanks to the genius.

Postby DamonLink » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:14 am

My favourite auther is Bredbery and Bach.. They are really great and they make me believe in the possibility of successful life. i do believe that everything depends on me and that is so great, really. i do believe in that. i want to believe in that, and you have to do the same.

Postby DANIEL25 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:59 pm

Hello everyone! I have many favourite authors, but since this question asks for one favourite author, I'd go ahead and say, Khalil Gibran. His best known work is undoubtedly The Prophet which are beautiful philosophical essays written in romantic prose poetry. He is one of the best selling poets of all time. His work seems like the ramblings of a rustic nomad from another era and is intensely focused on life, love, work, society and what it means to live. There is a lot of spirituality, spiritual love and mysticism in his work. So I advice you to read some of his books, you wont waste your time)))
Samuel Hunt

Postby Samuel Hunt » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:37 pm

Hello everyone. I would like to share my opinion concerning my favourite author and genre of writing. Most of all I like detective novels. Recently I have opened for myself an awesome writer whose name is Wilkie Collins. This is the author of 20th century, so the plots of his books are quite modern. I have read two hos detective novels The Moonstone and The woman in white. Despite that fact that these books are huge in volume but if you like this genre you can read it in some weeks.Enjoy!

Postby Nilkoln » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:48 pm

Hi everybody here) :) :) :) :) Guys, nice to meet you all here. Ozzy Osborne. I read his autobiography, "I Am Ozzy," and another book he wrote called, "Ask Dr Ozzy." The guy is a total Canoe, and it makes for very entertaining reading, even if he's 100 bricks shy of a load. He is really fantastic I like him because his character and the manner in which he writes his poems. Osbourne's total album sales from his years in Black Sabbath, combined with his solo work. I think that he is the best one, because he can bring the imagination and show the difficult thing from the easy side and show all misary of our world.

Postby JackHunter3 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:43 pm

I adore many classical authers and many of those whom perhaps you have never heard. i was quite interested in this spere some time ago. i love Japanese literature a lot. it is so misterious and sometimes i do have to think ovwer a lot in order to understand at least something. but it is great. Agutagave Runeske is one of my favourite authers :D

Postby Williams » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:24 pm

to be honest i like reading very much but sometimes if the story is really very interesting i can pay the whole day to it. i think that it is kind of a hobby. i do not like to read all the books , i read only those i like from the first sight and when the plot is really interesting. i like reading some detectives and fantasy. one of the best books i have ever read are the books of dan brown. i think that he is really great. i like the style stories are written, i like that the books are not really very long, and what is the most important for me is the plot. if you have not written these books then i definitely advise you to do it. :D :D :D

Postby Chase » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:12 pm

i do not think that it is really very important for me what to read but you now i think that for all the guys for me it is really important that the book is interesting and if the book is really very interesting then i think that the author is not important but i think that you know that in most cases it happens that the authors wrote really interesting books but they wrote int he same way and in the same style and that is why we like some authors and the other we do not like, i think that you know what i am talking about and you understand what i mean. that is it.

Postby Benjamin123 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:36 pm

Nice to greet all of you here who are on this great website today. How are you doing? My favorite author is Haruki Murakami without any words. I really like everything he writes. I want to say that my favorite his work is the Wind-Up Bird Chronicle by Haruki Murakami. Anytime I picked up a book by Murakami, I know that I am in for a splendid visual experience. The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle is a story surrounding a man who finds his life suddenly in upheaval. He leaves his job and then his wife disappears without warning. Some would blame the cat, but I blame the magic.

Return to “Chit Chat”