Who is your favorite author?

Forum rules
You are welcome to have a small talk here
Stephan

Re: Who is your favorite author?

Postby Stephan » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:04 am

I've told already about my enourmous love for books and consequently to their authors too. well i have several favourite: Mark Twain, Jane Austen, Jerome Selindger, Bradbury. and a lot of others. but here I'd like to stop a bit on the Bradbury books and his ideas. you know I really believe that he knew some secrets of live, at least when you read his ideas it seems that he knows more that we all together. he says that peope should think positively if they want to ive hapilly and that most of us are simply trained to see bad and to see good is really difficult for us... I loooove this man)
Moppy

Postby Moppy » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:19 am

Hi everybody here) Nice topic, bro) I like to read and I am fond of some books. I can read different books of different genres and styles) :) :) My favorite author by far is Robert Ludlum. Buy it, get it a local library, or borrow a copy from a friend, this book "Road to Omaha" and you too will see why. He writes satire comedic lines and scenes that you can just feel your part of. The characters ambiguity, and lifestyles will have you laughing, hysterically at times, then leave you shaking your head as he put twists in the plot that you just do not see coming. He is written about 50 books, and I have read all of them :D :D
Billy

Postby Billy » Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:03 pm

I do not have my favourite author. I alway choose a book by reading its plot. Of course it may sound a little bit strange, but I like choosing books, and films like this. I like Bernhard Schlink who is a German lawyer and writer. I adore his creation the Reader. It is one of my favourite books. Guys, read it, if you want.
Moppy

Postby Moppy » Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:53 pm

Hi everybody here) Nice to meet you all here. I love Ms. Naylor and I really wish she would be able to come out with something new. Her writing is so lyrical, mystical…spellbinding in a way. She is one of the few authors out there who had me buying every single one of her books after I initially read The Women of Brewster Place. The only book I ever had issues with was Bailey’s Cafe but that was because I was simply too young to understand the symbolism in her stories. I have a few favorite authors, but if I had to choose, I would say mine is Toni Morrison, with an honorable mention give to Junot Diaz.
Endi

Postby Endi » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:29 am

i really enjoy reading books and for me it is more than a hobby. books are learning tools. they not only teach you things, they take you to places you could never otherwise go. they open your imagination and you are free to view the characters in them any way you can conger them up. on television or in a play, you pretty much view the characters as the writer scripted them. the book Uglies by Scott Westerfield by far was the best book I have ever read. loved the whole saga, which includes the sequels, Pretties, Specials, and Extras.
James2

Postby James2 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:23 am

I like to read and I read a lot... Neil Gaiman is a household name for every fantasy lover. You can't call yourself a fantasy lover without knowing who he is. What I love most about him is his idea; Coraline is one of the best example . I couldn't believe how and where does he get all the ideas for his stories because those are wonderful and magical. Last but not least is his writing style; it flows effortlessly. I read himwhen I was in the uni and was blown away. The way he wrote was simple yet deep and his way of looking at the life was so similar to mine, I remember sitting there not moving for at least ten minutes after finishing the book, repeating some of the key paragraphs that affected me so much.
florian

Postby florian » Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:35 pm

Reading is a one of the most interesting things for me since childhood. I began reading very early and even now every day I'm reading. The last book that impressed me was "Game of thrones" by George Martin. This author is really don't like his characters/ But it is a quite easy reading.
Josh_H

Postby Josh_H » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:10 pm

There are a looooooooooooot of them, you know? I love Rowing, I love Scott, I love London and a lot of others.. I usually take books in the library, or buy them in the market and read them when i have some free time. Now I am reading Avengo an have fun))
Brendon_L

Postby Brendon_L » Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:56 am

Hemingway.. I have always adored him and his works.. it is ifficut to expain the choice.. but those who read his works, know that the way he write is so easy as if you are taking with a friend. no difficult stylistic things.. just a normal norration.
Prescot

Postby Prescot » Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:33 pm

Remarque. Love at first ... "view" - if it is applicable to books :) None of his words about friendship, loyalty, honor is not seen as utopia. He was - as a good actor - believe. And belief in the existence of such feelings, concepts, relationships inspire. And of course - Shakespeare. Not many of his works I read, but "Prince Pericles" very hooked me ... When I finished reading, I went to the bus, and had to stop, not to read, not to show people my tears)) is ridiculous of course, but it was) .. .Also I really like Victor Hugo. I read it, "Notre Dame", "The Man Who Laughs" and finally "Les Miserable." I just love it! He is a master of his word. Read and if you live there, with these heroes. Simply awesome !!!

Return to “Chit Chat”