Who is your favorite author?

Forum rules
You are welcome to have a small talk here
JayCee

Who is your favorite author?

Postby JayCee » Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:52 pm

What kind of books do you really like to read?Who is your favorite author?Ever since I was a little kid and all that,my favorite genre was sci-fi and horror-maybe,that's why my favorite author of all times is the king of horror,the legendary American writer Stephen King. 8-) ;) I love his books,all of them-yes,I've really read all of his books,and for those who are not knowing ,believe me.there are many of them,you know what I'm saying? :D ;) 8-) Among my favorites are the likes of: "The Shining", "It", "Rita Hayworth And The Shawshank Redemption", "Pet Sematary", "Insomnia", "Misery" and many,many others. 8-)
Stephen

Re: Who is your favorite author?

Postby Stephen » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:35 pm

Well,there we go,another thing that we do have in common with you-my favorite author is the same of oyurs and his name is-what a coincidence-Stephen King,you know what I'm saying? :D 8-) ;) :) I've been a fan of this man for like thirty years of my life,I've read my first book of his when I was something like 11 years old or something,you know? 8-) It was "Rita Hayworth And The Shawshank Redemption" and later some of his short stories like "Children Of The Corn" and stuff like that-and there I was,an 11-years old boy,captived in the net of his enormous talent for life. 8-) ;)
JansenJace

Postby JansenJace » Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:09 pm

I love Dickens a lot))) His way of writing, you know)) It's so easy to read) Dickens was regarded as the literary colossus of his age.His 1843 novella, A Christmas Carol, remains popular and continues to inspire adaptations in every artistic genre. Oliver Twist and Great Expectations are also frequently adapted, and, like many of his novels, evoke images of early Victorian London. His 1859 novel, A Tale of Two Cities, set in London and Paris, is his best-known work of historical fiction. Dickens's creative genius has been praised by fellow writers—from Leo Tolstoy to George Orwell and G. K. Chesterton—for its realism, comedy, prose style, unique characterisations, and social criticism. On the other hand, Oscar Wilde, Henry James, and Virginia Woolf complained of a lack of psychological depth, loose writing, and a vein of saccharine sentimentalism. The term Dickensian is used to describe something that is reminiscent of Dickens and his writings, such as poor social conditions or comically repulsive characters.
Michal

Postby Michal » Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:57 pm

Who is my favorite author?Well,let me think for a minute...You know what-any dude who's writing stuff for all those gay magazines and all that,yo uknow what I'm saying? :D :lol: 8-) :mrgreen: You know,I'm not that really into reading books and all thsat-I think that there are more interesting ways to kill your time and all that,like sucking somebody's dick or letting somebody to suck yours and all that,you know? :lol: :mrgreen: 8-) ;) I mean,all I really ewant to read is something like that and also to jack off from time to time on one of the websites and that's that. :) ;) 8-) :lol:
I'M NOT GAY, BUT 20$ IS 20$ :mrgreen:
LoganE

Postby LoganE » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:23 pm

I love Mark Twain and his Tom SOyer))) Though Twain earned a great deal of money from his writings and lectures, he invested in ventures that lost a great deal of money, notably the Paige Compositor, a mechanical typesetter, which failed because of its complexity and imprecision. In the wake of these financial setbacks, he filed for protection from his creditors via bankruptcy, and with the help of Henry Huttleston Rogers eventually overcame his financial troubles. Twain chose to pay all his pre-bankruptcy creditors in full, though he had no legal responsibility to do so.Twain was born shortly after a visit by Halley's Comet, and he predicted that he would "go out with it", too. He died the day after the comet returned. He was lauded as the "greatest American humorist of his age", and William Faulkner called Twain "the father of American literature".
Sheldon

Postby Sheldon » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:36 pm

My favourite author is Arthur Conan Doyle, the creator of Sherlock Holmes. Sherlock Holmes is a great detective, and Dr. Watson, his assistant, takes the readers to various places and situations, and introduces them to numerous strange characters and interesting plots.The author knows very well how to tell a story to his readers. When I read his books, it seems to me that I already know most of the places and almost all the people as described in the stories. The style of his writing is so vivid, so touching and so realistic that one forgets that they are not mere stories but facts of real lives. There remains his great art of story telling.
JerryLee

Postby JerryLee » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:07 am

Undoubtadly - J. K. Rowing))) I grew up with Harry Potter))) Joanne "Jo" Rowling, OBE, FRSLpen names J. K. Rowling and Robert Galbraith, is a British novelist, screenwriter and film producer best known as the author of the Harry Potter fantasy series. The books have gained worldwide attention, won multiple awards, and sold more than 400 million copies. They have become the best-selling book series in history and been the basis for a series of films which is the second highest-grossing film series in history. Rowling had overall approval on the scriptsand maintained creative control by serving as a producer on the final instalment. - That is for those who does not know her))))))
Tomislav

Postby Tomislav » Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:42 pm

My all-time favourite author is Agatha Christie – The Queen of Crime. I read nearly all of her novels – many of them even several times. She published more than 50 detective novels and short stories as well as plays, including the world’s longest running play The Mousetrap. The Index Translationum lists her as the most translated author of all times with nearly twice as many translations as Jules Verne, being 2nd on that list. Her books are available in about 100 languages. So in case you like her novels, there are many books you can read in your target language. The original language of her books is English.
Natan Scot

Postby Natan Scot » Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:12 pm

Just King))))) King has received Bram Stoker Awards, World Fantasy Awards, and British Fantasy Society Awards. His novella The Way Station (1980) was a Nebula Award novelette nominee. In 2003, the National Book Foundation awarded him the Medal for Distinguished Contribution to American Letters. His short story "The Man in the Black Suit" (1994) received the O. Henry Award. He has also received awards for his contribution to literature for his entire oeuvre, such as the World Fantasy Award for Life Achievement (2004), the Canadian Booksellers Association Lifetime Achievement Award (2007), and the Grand Master Award from the Mystery Writers of America (2007). In 2015, King was awarded with a National Medal of Arts from the United States National Endowment for the Arts for his contributions to literature.
Milky

Postby Milky » Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:28 pm

hI GUYS) Nice to meet you here)I like to read and I have my own library at home. I read every day and Like a fan of reading I have many favourite authors. But most of all I like Oscar Wilde. He is regarded as one of the greatest playwrights of the Victorian Era. In his lifetime he wrote nine plays, one novel, and numerous poems, short stories, and essays. :D :D Wilde was a proponent of the Aesthetic movement, which emphasized aesthetic values more than moral or social themes. Besides literary accomplishments, he is also famous, or perhaps infamous, for his wit, flamboyance, and affairs with men. He was tried and imprisoned for his homosexual relationship and made a crime.

Return to “Chit Chat”