Books

Forum rules
You are welcome to have a small talk here
Stephan

Re: Books

Postby Stephan » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:59 am

You know books and I are two indispensable things, cause I am in loooooooooove with them. I am that kind of people who still visits libraries, just to take a reeeeeeeeeeaaaal book)) I hate reading from screen, on the one hand it is not convinient (for me), but on the other I have problems with eyes, so concequently i do it like all the people before me)))) Although our youth hate reading real books, i hope that my son will be ike me, or at east he would ove books done with paper))) As for my favourite book - it is Tom Soyer, just the book of my childhood)
Moppy

Postby Moppy » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:07 am

Personally, I get a lot of enjoyment out of reading books. Our family loves gathering in the sitting room in the evening and reading books: fairy tales, novels, detective stories, thrillers, fantastic stories and what not. It has become a tradition and I am sure it makes our family united. :D To my mind, books are our best teachers and friends because they have the power to educate and entertain us. When I am tired, I like reading detective stories and thrillers. When I want something more serious and instructive, I take an encyclopedia or read some philosophical works. I love reading when Iam travelling, when I am having meals, when I'm bored or just for relaxation.
:D
Billy

Postby Billy » Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:54 pm

I like peculiar books, so my home library is very different and interesting on the first sight. Of course it includes French literature, because I like it very much. But also I like foreign writers. My favourite book is written by the Austrian author Leopold von Sacher-Masoch, Venus in Furs. I recommend it to you, guys.
Moppy

Postby Moppy » Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:37 pm

Hi everybody) My particularly favorite book was written by Isaac Babel and the name of its principle, I forgot, and not read about five years, although love is not cool, but suffer from envy the man who was shot 75 years ago, I do not want and will not. I have three of them. If they throw on a desert island , take all three. ;) ;) ;) They are equal to me. “Moral letters to Lutsiliyu” Seneca. “Dao De Jing”. “Hagakure”. Favorite book probably call more than one book, but four – tetralogy Heritage . But I did not read all 4 parts of the tetralogy. Also to my favorite books include works by K. Doyle and CS Lewis. :D
Endi

Postby Endi » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:50 am

i think that it is very good when the person likes reading. books are learning tools. they not only teach you things, they take you to places you could never otherwise go. they open your imagination and you are free to view the characters in them any way you can conger them up. on television or in a play, you pretty much view the characters as the writer scripted them. the book Uglies by Scott Westerfield by far was the best book I have ever read. loved the whole saga, which includes the sequels.
Moppy

Postby Moppy » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:50 pm

I like to read and read many books, and as all people I have the favourite... I first discovered these stories when I was about twelve and I’ve loved them ever since. They’re brilliantly written, full of bizarre crimes and they’ve got a terrific Victorian atmosphere. 8-) 8-) 8-) When you read them you really feel like you’ve been carried back to nineteenth-century London. All the twentieth century detectives like Miss Marple and Inspector Morse seem really boring compared to Sherlock Holmes. ;) ;) That’s where Conan Doyle, really makes you believe that Holmes is unique — a genius with amazing mental powers.
Tomy

Postby Tomy » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:11 pm

I like to read. Yesterday I have spent a half night reading in the kitchen. I have forgotten about everything. I am reading “Harry Potter” these days. It is really good one. Take my work for it, if you want to overcome some stress or what, this book will give you a different world to have some rest.))
geff

Postby geff » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:26 am

When weare read works of different genres, we are face to face with words that are not commonly used in everyday speech. If a word is unfamiliar for us, it is not necessary to look up its definition. Sometimes the meaning of the term can be understood by the content. Reading helps to not only increase vocabulary, but also increases your overall literacy.
glenn

Postby glenn » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:29 am

Reading books makes us more confident. When in conversation, we demonstrate high erudition and deep knowledge of a particular subject, then unwittingly behave more confident and collected. And the recognition by others of your knowledge has a positive effect on self-esteem.
Nory

Postby Nory » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:01 am

My favorite book that I read was How to Steal a Dog. How to Steal a Dog was an exciting story about a girl, Georgina, whose her mother and little brother, are evicted from their apartment. They have been living in their car---and Georgina is so embarrassed about the situation. This book is full of realty, suspense, and action from the daring character, Georgina. How to Steal a Dog definitely kept me turning pages! The first reason I liked this story is because it was like real life for many people living in America, single mothers trying to make a living and keeping her children in school, husbands deserting the family shortly after the mother has their 2nd child, poor families evicted from homes and apartments because they can no longer afford it.

Return to “Chit Chat”