Does fear have something positive

Forum rules
You are welcome to have a small talk here
Natan Scot

Re: Does fear have something positive

Postby Natan Scot » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:08 am

you know, fear as it is it sucks, especially when it's irretional. At the basic level fear guides our fight or flight responses and helps to keep us safe and alive. Fear heightens your senses and awareness, it keeps you alert and helps in better preparation. The negative side of fear is when it holds you back from doing something positive. Too much fear is like trying to fly in a plane with excess baggage - you might have to dump some or pay a hefty price to check it in. To achieve great potential or greater heights - have fear but do it anyway. Overcoming fear is done through action.
Milky

Postby Milky » Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:59 pm

Hi guys) I do not think that fear is only negative emotion, it has also something positive for people. We should acknowledge the fear we are experiencing. :D :D Allow that it is a positive thing within us that warns us of some impending danger or harm. And then, 8-) 8-) analyze it to see if it is real or imagined, justified or not. When we recognize it is positive intent, it is no longer something to immobilize us, but quite the reverse, we can jump into action to remedy why we are fearful. As for me, we should take the necessary actions to protect ourselves or blast us though this perceived barrier. :)
Nory

Postby Nory » Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:21 pm

Too much fear is like trying to fly in a plane with excess baggage - you might have to dump some or pay a hefty price to check it in. To achieve great potential or greater heights - have fear but do it anyway. Overcoming fear is done through action. Fear is a gate, you control the password to unlock the fear gate. Allow yourself to dream and take action. Overcoming fear is not a one off event instead it is a step by step process where as you unlock one small fear gate, you gain confidence to unlock another gate and another one. Thereby increasing confidence and moving away from your comfort zone towards higher possibilities.
Matthey

Postby Matthey » Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:05 pm

I don`t think that fear have something good, but still when you are afraid to fly with a parachute you will never die while flying with it :D :D . Ectually, I think this is a philosophical question because everything in this world has a positive and negative meaning. For example, when you are afraid to become a bad father you will do your best to be a good one ;) ;)
Nory

Postby Nory » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:33 am

I hope so) Fear is a very powerful attracting force however it attracts what we do not want or more to the point What We Fear! Fear has faith to the extreme in the negative thing so much so it stirs up emotions that make the heart beat faster the breathing harder the skin to chill all the while expecting something very negative will happen. There is so much energy in fear that we put ourselves on the fast track to getting exactly what we fear.... I had an enlightenment years ago about this and cured myself of a sickness very fast with fear, I was wondering if others have had similar enlightenments and found uses to benefit rather than hinder as I had and what they are.
Ridos

Postby Ridos » Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:19 pm

I think that it is the inaction bred by over-analyzing, by focusing on the fear, actually dwelling on it, imagining the 'what ifs', that keeps us from taking the actions necessary to move though it. We need to process it, not dwell in it. I'm sure everyone has heard the old expression, A coward dies a thousand deaths, a brave person, only one. We do not want to hold the FEAR thought. That is not what it is there for. As long as we focus on the positive intent a fearful state represents, rather on the fear itself, we can question ourselves as to what this fear is trying to tell us to do, and take the necessary actions to protect ourselves or blast us though this perceived barrier.
James2

Postby James2 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:29 am

Hi everybody here) I think we need overcome fear any price. You need start to control your life. Spend quality time with the people you enjoy being around. Try new things. Challenge yourself. Most of all, keep active and engaged with positive activities. If there is something that really rankles you — do something about it! If you have unfinished business — take care of it! If you have someone you need to speak with — make the call. Don’t keep going to a job that is deeply dissatisfying, or stay in a relationship that makes you unhappy. You have many years to enjoy everything that life has to offer. Who you spend your time with matters.
Nilson

Postby Nilson » Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:43 pm

"Change" is a broad term, and it can apply to many things. Perhaps you're just moving to a new home or starting a new job, or something awful happens like a death in the family. These events may seem black and white, and not necessarily similar, but they all require adjustment in the way you conduct your day-to-day life. These adjustments cause stress, even when they're positive. Conversely, negative changes can yield positive results. You never know exactly what you're going to get, which often frightens us. Coping with change well, rather than losing your mind, only requires an adjustment on your outlook and a little evidence of surviving various circumstances.
florian

Postby florian » Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:58 pm

Personally, I look upon fear as a positive emotion. I know that uncontrolled this emotion can breed many negative results. But when controlled, this emotion can spur you into action like no other I know of. And I think that this is truly the reason for fear. Think of it as your best friend, preparing you for progress. Make friends with the unknown.
Nilson

Postby Nilson » Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:02 am

Hi guys) :D :D :D Everyone has times when they're afraid of something. Fear has a legitimate function for us because it alerts us to something which could possibly be harmful to us. Usually, we are able to evaluate the situation and see if there is any real danger, then take steps to deal with it. Sometimes, however, our fear gets in our way and interferes with our daily living. This is often frustrating because we think of our fear as unrealistic but are still hampered by it. The first step in handling your fears is to determine exactly what you're afraid of. It's very important that you are very specific about what you're frightened of.

Return to “Chit Chat”