Does fear have something positive

Forum rules
You are welcome to have a small talk here
Marvin

Does fear have something positive

Postby Marvin » Tue May 24, 2016 12:58 pm

Perhaps many of you have already read enough about the fear in our lives. In addition, we may be afraid of different things for certain reasons. But in any case, I have heard that some psychologists and scientists have said that fear can be useful for us. To be honest, I can not explain facts or studies that have become an argument for such conclusions. But I can also assume that the fear can save our lives at certain points. In addition, I had the experience in my life, when fear to descend from the roof of my house on the stairs, which was very weak was justified. Because I tried to step on it very carefully, and it just fell. But I managed to regain my foot and remain on the roof of my house. I could fall and break a neck or back. So what do you think about fear? Can it be justified from time to time?
Owen

Re: Does fear have something positive

Postby Owen » Tue May 24, 2016 1:01 pm

Generally, we tend to believe that it is good to never be afraid. That is why many of us do not even admit that sometimes it is terrible, and it gives a chance to manage your fears life. If this is real fear arising, for example, during an accident or when dealing with dangerous animals, it helps us, strengthening the physical protection, resulting in a corresponding state of emotional and mental realm that can withstand danger. Regardless of whether you decide to run away, or come face to face with the cause of your fear, you need this extra energy, which is generated by the physical body through excess adrenaline.
Vincent

Postby Vincent » Tue May 24, 2016 1:02 pm

The vast majority of us experienced the fears are imaginary, and is not currently pose absolutely no threat to us. And these fears may help us to understand what we really want, because of any fear hiding our true desire. Another benefit of fear is that it allows you to overcome your own limits. However, for this you need to go through the stage of acceptance. Let me remind you that the teaching of "Listen to your body" constantly urges you to ensure that you have taken and approved of everything that happens in your life, no matter how these situations are pleasant. This - the only means closer to the desired.
Barboro

Postby Barboro » Tue May 24, 2016 1:04 pm

Take your own fear does not mean to accept and understand. You can take a situation or a person, not even knowing or agreeing with them. Suppose you are afraid of your boss, you work for more than a year. Until now, you never about what he did not ask, and never spoke to him about what you feel, seeing his injustice at work. You tormented constant fear in his presence. Despite the fact that you love your job, your fear does not allow you to appreciate the moments spent at work, to the extent that it has become an obsession. Do you all think more and more that you would like to tell him, but did not proceed to action.
Aaron

Postby Aaron » Tue May 24, 2016 1:05 pm

At first, superficial glance, the fear is of little pleasant man - it gives him discomfort, robs joy, does not do many nice things and may lead to psychosomatic illnesses. But fear, as it turns out, may be useful. Initially, this emotion has arisen in the course of evolution in order to protect the human body from all sorts of dangers of primitive life. It is only then, when a person is fundamentally changed the nature and built around it a new habitat (both man-made and social), the fear of the reaction began to falter and lead to all kinds of trouble. I think this is one of the natural processes in the body in any way.
Frank

Postby Frank » Tue May 24, 2016 1:06 pm

You will be sensitive to the evolutionary process - in fact when 40 thousand years ago ended in general the work on the formation of the human brain, he lived in completely different conditions in which there was no place for cars, air conditioners and aspirin, and its main companions were cold, starvation and predators. Therefore require that our body is perfectly suited to the current environment, as absurd as trying to boil tea on the iron (which is possible in principle - I had to do it in the army, but uncomfortable). I think that the fear of helping people to live in this world and live a long life many years ago.
Milton

Postby Milton » Tue May 24, 2016 1:08 pm

Fear, as well as pain - a watchdog body which protects it from the harmful effects from the outside, from the dangers of risky behavior and thereby helping to preserve the health and well-being. Let us also the benefits which the body was originally learned from the reaction of fear, and see in what cases the fear is useful to man, and in what brings him harm. First of all, the fear of life saves us, stopping in front of a dangerous situation. We do not swim far out to sea, not Sui fingers in the socket, and age do not walk through dark alleys alone. As the ancient Somali proverb "The mother of coward does not lose her son" - and in this respect, the fear is useful for human life and health.
Johnson

Postby Johnson » Tue May 24, 2016 1:09 pm

The fear mobilizes manpower for vigorous activity that is often necessary in an emergency. Former intelligence officer and now a writer Suvorov writes: "The fear - this is one of the manifestations of the instinct of self-preservation. Fear dramatically increases physical strength, improves the accuracy and clarity of thought. The fear of man is able to take that without the fear of it seems to be impossible. " This is due to the release of adrenaline in the blood, improves supply the muscles with oxygen and nutrients, allowing them to develop more power. I think that, thanks to the fear we can cope with certain dangerous situations.
Ismual

Postby Ismual » Tue May 24, 2016 1:10 pm

The fear acts as a regulator of aggressiveness and serves the social order approval. Fear of punishment restrains the manifestations of primary biological aggression, and keeps many citizens in the framework of the law. Human behavior, like any other living creature, is regulated by positive and negative reinforcement ( "carrot and stick"). However, if we look to the Criminal Code, we can see there is only a "whip" - for such a misdemeanor fine for such a - a prison for such a - corrective labor. It turns out that the fear of punishment is a major deterrent for people who intend to harm someone else's property or health.
Ivaniko

Postby Ivaniko » Tue May 24, 2016 1:13 pm

The fear contributes to a better memorization of dangerous or unpleasant events. Fear activates the memory performance and makes it very durable traces. So, our ancestors remembered where they were attacked by wild animals or people from a hostile tribe. Another example: a child who got burned once by the open fire, a long remember it. I think fear is a very important element for the normal and long life of each of us. People should be able to be afraid just because it is their natural security system that helps to avoid trouble. So, in any case, I also believe that it is very useful.

Return to “Chit Chat”