Mentalist

Forum rules
You are welcome to have a small talk here
Aaron365

Mentalist

Postby Aaron365 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:54 pm

Good time of the day! How are things? Do you know who are mentalists and what is mentalism? Mentalism is a performing art in which its practitioners, known as mentalists, appear to demonstrate highly developed mental or intuitive abilities. Performances may appear to include hypnosis, telepathy, clairvoyance, divination, precognition, psychokinesis, mediumship, mind control, memory feats, deduction, and rapid mathematics. Mentalists are sometimes categorized as psychic entertainers, although that category also contains non-mentalist performers such as psychic readers and bizzarists. Would you like to be a mentalist? Have you ever seen the TV serial? Did you like it?
Emmett

Re: Mentalist

Postby Emmett » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:17 pm

Hello! As for me, I know what is mentalism and who are mentalists. I started to read the information about such people after I saw the serial The mentalist. I like it very much and I also want to be at least a little bit alike those people. I try to read the books which were written by mentalists.
Lui

Postby Lui » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:49 am

Best wishes for all of you here today. How are you doing? Everything is okey? I hope yes))) of course it is known for me that mentalism is a performing art in which its practitioners, known as mentalists, appear to demonstrate highly developed mental or intuitive abilities. Performances may appear to include hypnosis, telepathy, clairvoyance, divination, precognition, psychokinesis, mediumship, mind control. But personally for me it is not interesting kind of art. Sorry my dear friend.
Cris

Postby Cris » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:14 am

Good afternoon, friends. I have a wonderful mood, only I feel that I have caught a cold, and this brings me a little off balance (to be honest, I knew that there is such a thing as a mentalist, but I did not know what that concept includes in myself. I thought of myself as a guy with a high level of intelligence and a well-educated person with a good memory. I would like to develop some other abilities that may be useful in life, but not to deceive the surrounding people or mislead their consciousness to lure money , but for development I'm my own person, and that it could bring me joy and income without deception. And I did not see the show, I'm not a big fan of serials.
Timmy

Postby Timmy » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:13 am

Good morning my dear public. How are you feeling toda?? I am in a perfect mood do you have the same??? I am not mentalist but my partner is. Frankly speaking he is full of those characters that you have mentioned here today. For example this one that mentalists are sometimes categorized as psychic entertainers, although that category also contains non-mentalist performers such as psychic readers and bizzarists. It is really truth and I can not even say something against it
Ernest

Postby Ernest » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:18 am

a mentalist is a person who has a vast amount of knowledge, and all of them are related to the psychology of man. The mentalist should possess good intuition, erudition, be able to quickly and easily analyze the facts, have a good memory and memorize a large amount of information, facts, figures. This is a person who possesses hypnosis or the abilities of telepathy, the art of suggesting the necessary information, controls the mind and mind of a person and can manipulate it.In our understanding, a mentalist can mean a clairvoyant or a psychic, but George Kreaskin, the creator of the word "mentalist," insists that this is not a psychic, because it's a simple person who himself could develop the above abilities, but did not receive them as a natural gift.
Diego

Postby Diego » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:38 am

People treat people mentally in different ways. Someone considers them scammers and miserable conjurers, but someone admires them and makes every effort to become like them.A mentalist is a person who uses the acuity of his mind, a piece of hypnosis and a tremendous force of suggestion.The genius of controlling the thoughts and behavior of others through their abilities.The law of thinking starts from the day of the creation of man, from the moment when the person first began to think. In different stages, in different epochs of the progress of human thought, people gradually discovered the existence of this law, but until now man could not quite comprehend it
Howard

Postby Howard » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:35 pm

I would like to be a mentalist! That's great! A mentalist is an individual who appears to have supernatural powers in divining the truth about an individual as well as many facts about that person's life. A mentalist must be great at decoding, possess observational skills, and have a highly developed ability to observe minute detail. Many people, from criminal profiles to magicians, all use mentalist tactics and a working knowledge of psychology to interpret human behavior. Mentalists can not only get attention, but they can also entertain literally anybody on this planet.
Max76

Postby Max76 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:33 pm

Frankly speaking I am not so aware of this term. And to tell the truth I don't have a lot to say. But probably thanks for your comments I have found out that mentalism is a performing art in which its practitioners, known as mentalists, appear to demonstrate highly developed mental or intuitive abilities. Performances may appear to include hypnosis, telepathy, clairvoyance, divination, precognition, psychokinesis, mediumship, mind control, memory feats. Probably there is a possible term art. Why not.
Felix

Postby Felix » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:01 pm

For our ear this name is not very familiar, the term "psychic" is closer to us - a person with supersensory abilities. However, George Kreskin, who invented the name "Mentalist", argues that the mentalist is not a psychic, but an ordinary person who has developed in himself the supernormal powers of consciousness. Apparently, this is a denial of the Hollywood stereotype, which penetrated into our cinematography when a person acquires super abilities, for example, as a result of lightning or electric shock, after auto accident, abduction by aliens, etc. The rational American mind denies all these miracles, carriers consider them charlatans (which is 99% true), but I'm sure that man himself is able to develop in himself the increased abilities of the mind and consciousness. And since we all came out of the world of materialism, we also want to believe it.

Return to “Chit Chat”