Trouble with my friend

Forum rules
You are welcome to have a small talk here
Ignatio

Re: Trouble with my friend

Postby Ignatio » Tue May 02, 2017 3:41 pm

There should be kleptomania because I do not know any other disease when a person steels some things and then denies doing this…What can you do for your friend?.....As far as I know there is not much research on medical treatment of kleptomania. Nevertheless, some drugs may be beneficial. Selection of a particular drug depends on the overall situation, and other disorders, such as depression or obsessive compulsive disorder. There are also combinations of drugs. Antidepressants. Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) are commonly used to treat kleptomania. These include fluoxetine (Prozac), paroxetine (Paxil), fluvoxamine and others. Of course, I do not think that it can be self-rewarding. But if your friend is shy of doctors, it can help. In any case, it should not make the situation worse. And if you really wish to listen to my advice here in any case you need to show your friend to the doctor. Don’t make self treatment the only way out in his situation…I am sure you will manage to rasure him…
Gongorini

Postby Gongorini » Tue May 02, 2017 3:43 pm

I believe that he is ordinary thieve, who is committing a crime intentionally. However it is necessary to distinguish between criminal individuals and those suffering from kleptomania. When theft thief pays attention only to valuables or cash savings. He will never feel guilty for the act committed, even if he was caught red-handed. The thief is trying to distance himself from the achievements of theft, arguing that it was not him, or else seek to pass themselves off as a mentally unbalanced person. I think your friend may try to cope with this problem without the help of doctors. But it will be hard for him.
Alfronto

Postby Alfronto » Tue May 02, 2017 3:46 pm

I am not sure that he is a thieve…I think you need to know the main features to distinguish…Kleptomania is accompanied by a feeling of guilt for the theft, the desire to steal the thing that for some reason attracts. It can be a pen, pencil, candy, clothes, etc. With kleptomania it is important to feel the process of theft, since from it a person gets a thrill akin freaky dose. Therefore, to be honest, your story does not surprise me. In addition, I have met such people in my life.
Ivaniko

Postby Ivaniko » Tue May 02, 2017 3:48 pm

Kleptomania is much rarer than it seems. This disease occurs only occasionally and is hidden, so often kleptomaniac already receiving treatment at a critical stage of development of mental disorders. In legal practice, there are cases where the thieves tried to give himself for kleptomania, but the results of psychological tests say otherwise. Only a few managed to deceive investigators and impersonate kleptomaniac, thus avoiding imprisonment.
Ismual

Postby Ismual » Tue May 02, 2017 3:51 pm

It is kleptomania. But in any case, your friend may try to suppress this disease, if you will help him in this. The disease usually progresses in those who are prone to mood disorders or neurotic has congenital abnormalities. It is actively expressed in people who are prone to sexual fetishes. A kleptomaniac steals, for example, a set of underwear, experiencing the sensation of pleasure of owning it is the subject, and the other - fur hats. Both of these cases were registered in the real practice of law a few years ago, demonstrating that kleptomania is directly dependent on certain variations of sexual violence. So if you really want to help your friend to overcome his problem then try to get to know about his life and his childhood. I am sure that there are things you don’t know and they really influence his behavior…try to show that you are indifferent to his problems and I am sure everything will be fine…you should show him that he really needs help…… when he understands that he needs help and he has true friend near that is ready to go through it everything together with him he will agree to undergo the treatment. I wish you luck in this not an easy case…
Endi

Postby Endi » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:22 pm

well ii really think that it is a kind of disease and that is why you can not do anything with it but on the other hand you shall understand that you shall talk about everything with him and maybe you would be able to help him with it because i do not know, i think that it is not very good if he is doing something like that and i think that you understand what i am talking about but of course i do not know whether you would be able to do something and that is why you shall know it. but i do not think that it shall be a problem for you, i think that for your friendship it shall not be important.
Benjamin123

Postby Benjamin123 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:37 am

You can bring really right that it calls as kleptomania... Unfortunately there are a lot of different situations where you can face with such people. Sometimes I think that it should be a little bit stupid to judge such people, because it is like illness... But on the other hand how it happens because the person lead not good style of life... In any situation you should support your friend because it is your friend and in any case your support is important for him, don't forget about it my dear friend. You should be close to him.
James

Postby James » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:36 am

Hello. You know my dear friend, you should help your friend in any case. First of all you should speak about this situation with your friend and to find out what he thinks about it. It is a risk to life and have kleptomania - risk for social freedom, to the professional reputation. I more than agree that the main difference from the kleptomaniac thief motive: what motivated the man - greed or pleasure in the theft process. So be careful with him, everything in your hands
Max

Postby Max » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:54 pm

hello my friends (hope i can call you so). how was your day? wow. happy, that you can share such story with us, let's think. i am conscious that your friend did wrong. i also know person, who can get some bakery and while she walks to the cash desk she eats it and doesn't pay. i am agree, that sometimes i come to the shop hungry too, but if i eat this bakery or drink juice before cash desk, i will say it and pay for it. do you agree with my position?
SteveS

Postby SteveS » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:34 pm

I think the first thing you should do is to have a serious conversation with your friend. You should ask him why have he done that. If you'll have a nice talk and if you think, that he can have a kleptomania, then you should try to persuade him to go to a psychologist, so that he could confirm the desease and help to manage with it.

Return to “Chit Chat”