Co-parenting from the point of view of law

AdamL

Co-parenting from the point of view of law

Postby AdamL » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:11 am

Hello, everybody. My name is Adam and I am new to this forum. My partner and I are thinking about having a child but we still hesitate what option to choose. We knew about 2 variants - adoption and surrogacy. But recently we have discovered for ourselves that there is such option as co-parenting. To tell the truth, we do not understand well enough how it works from the legal point of view - who are official parents, who have rights for the child(ren) born? I am not so good at the legal issues, but even I understand that a child cannot have two mothers and two fathers stated in the birth certificate. So, how this option really works?
HappyFather

Re: Co-parenting from the point of view of law

Postby HappyFather » Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:00 pm

As for me I know nothing about the co-parenting and to tell the truth I hear about nearly for the first time. I know that it is impossible to write down all the parents in the birth certificate so think there will be written only biological parents of the child. As for me I have used the program of surrogate motherhood and I don’t regret about it. We have biologically related baby and the procedure is totally legal and accepted.
Nicola

Postby Nicola » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:13 am

Unfortunately, i also know nothing about co-parenting from the legal point of view...But i suggest it means that you adopt a child and both of you with your partner will be written in the paper as his parents :roll:
I think you should consult a lawyer about this matter...
Bob

Postby Bob » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:36 pm

Hi guys) I know not a lot about it , but I can say that co-parenting can be a viable option when it is implemented by parents who want it to work because they understand that the child’s needs supersede their own self interest, and it can be successful and rewarding for both the child and the parents.
Alex

Postby Alex » Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:09 am

as for me I know nothing about the surrogacy from the view of law. but I know many people who had such experience. I didn't hear that it was very hard to have a child due to this program from them. I want to say that you should not be so focused on this. think better about your future child. I think that it is more important now. to bring up the child is very hard work for everyone and I wish you good luck in this. do not worry about the legal side of the problem. you can find a good lawyer and he will help you to deal with it. the surrogacy program is not an adoption. you will be a biological father for the child and I think there will not be problems.
Robert2

Postby Robert2 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:53 pm

i think that it is very important to know something about law side of the surrogasy or adoption.
i hope that you will give a lot of information about this for us. because everyone will be a father soon but befor this we should know as much as we can
as for me i want a little child very much but i am afraid of all this things abou adoption and surrogasy.
my partner know something mut not so much as we needed, you know...
so please help us and tell something that will help us.
Billy

Postby Billy » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:06 pm

As far as I know, in co-parenting, both of parents are legal parents of a child. But I may mistake, because I am not very familiar with this process, especially inside of it. I don't think that it will be suitable for people who love each other, and want to live together, especially when it goes about us. I think that this process will be more suitable for straight couples.
Rob12

Postby Rob12 » Tue May 10, 2016 7:22 pm

I am sure that this theme is very useful but as for me I know nothing about the co-parenting and to tell the truth I hear about nearly for the first time.
I know that it is impossible to write down all the parents in the birth certificate so think there will be written only biological parents of the child. As for me I have used the program of surrogate motherhood and I don’t regret about it. We have biologically related baby and the procedure is totally legal and accepted.
Shannon

Postby Shannon » Sat May 14, 2016 9:45 pm

The term 'coparent' or "co-parent" is used to describe a situation where two parents work together to raise a child even though they are divorced, separated or no longer living together. Through this process, the child's parents seek to maintain equal or some type of shared responsibility to benefit the child's upbringing. The principle of coparenting (Italian: Principio di bigenitorialità) states that a child has always and in any case the right to maintain a stable relationship with both parents, even if they are separated or divorced, unless there is a recognized need to separate him/her from one or both parents. Such a right is based on the concept that to be a parent is a commitment that an adult takes with respect to his/her children, not to the other parent, so that it cannot and must not be influenced by any kind of separation among parents.
JayCee

Postby JayCee » Fri May 20, 2016 4:56 pm

Well,co-parenting is good for couple who does not want to take a full responsibility for a kid on them-at leasst that's what it looks for me,you know what I'm saying? 8-) :P I mean,why wouldn't you go with the adoption or surrogacy,you scared or something?Saying something like you don't have that much time for it and bla-bla-bla won't mean nothing else but seeking some ways to retreat in front of real serious pesponsibility-so,if you ask me,a kid does not need some co-parents like that. :P :) 8-) It's either the full way or no way-that's my opinion on all this stuff. ;) 8-) We've adopted our first kid-and with the second one we're going with the surrogacy program. 8-)

Return to “Co-parenting”