Consultations

Endi

Re: Consultations

Postby Endi » Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:33 pm

it is really very good idea and i am sure that you have made the right decision. the fact that you would have to wait for some weeks is not very important. it is really very serious decision and if you would choose not very good agency then you may have some problems. it is better to wait several months but be sure that you have chosen the best agency and you have done right. you are really responsible people and you would be very good parents. i wish you good luck and i hope that you have found your perfect clinic or agency.
Garis

Postby Garis » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:21 pm

If we want to have good results we need to make efforts. I think that you do everything right and this game is worth the candles. I think it is better to wait a couple of weeks for the consultation than meet a thousand of difficulties in the process of surrogacy program. I think I will go the same way to choose the agency I want to apply.
Martin_T

Postby Martin_T » Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:15 pm

I think you're right that you've chosen such an approach! I've read a post on this forum that a man is afraid to use the surrogacy program because he is not sure in the result! I think it is good that you decided to have consultations. Moreover, you can talk to those people who have already used this clinic and have a baby. Collect information, visit as many consultations as you can and only then make your choice!
Andreas_Maroon

Postby Andreas_Maroon » Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:55 pm

That is a correct decision. I will do the same way. And even if the agencies will be bored to death with all the calls from people who are "willing to do this - but need some additional info" - that will only be for good. This is a new branch of medicine - concerning both technologies and ethics. And there are still lot of problems to decide. I think different clinics have different approaches, say, to the egg donors - I know that in some of the clinics those are anonymous - and in others you can actually meet the person who will be genetic mother of your child. So you do the right thing hunting for the detailed info about all the clinics that you know.
Paul_O

Postby Paul_O » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:17 am

Dont hesitate to get all the information you need from the clinics. Usually the clinics provide all the information themselves, especially regarding to the high competition they have on that market. the main thing is to ask the right questions. In my opinion those are - the policies about the egg donors and the surrogate mothers, first of all, and second - the legal issues with the questions of surrogacy for gay couples. As I can see by the feedbacks on this forum - people experience lot of problems with these two questions. Share your experience with us when you will choose some agency!
Richard

Postby Richard » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:59 pm

You've chosen a very good tactic. You see in your situation hesitation can cause bad results. You should check all the clinics very thoroughly before you will choose. Don't be in a hurry. Visit as many consultations as you can. Then make a list of all their pros and corns, talk to your relatives, analize feedbacks and only then you will be able to decide!
Just_R

Postby Just_R » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:01 am

Ashton, dude, you're doing the right thing. You need to know all the details - especially their policy towards surrogate motherhood - details of the contract with the mothers - many undercurrents and unseen rocks there. Speaking of the list of agencies - it is not that big. Six have their main clinics in US - I know 4 more in Europe. and we all can forget about Mexico - you know they made the law that forbids gays to have kids. You should be sure that all is legal in the country where you are going to make all the process run. Some agencies apply pretty iffy schemes - with the surrogate mothers emigration to other countries in order to make everything legal - I would avoid that in your place.
Mike

Postby Mike » Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:10 pm

It is really good decision I think. I was in the same situation when I was looking for s good surrogacy agency. I tried to check everything. I needed to be sure about every single detail. Finally, when I have found the surrogacy agency I didn’t regret a single minute. I have spent a lot of time to find this agency, but it was worth doing.
Stephan

Postby Stephan » Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:04 pm

weel, you have to console yourself with a thought that sooner or later you will be reworded with a cute little kid and nothing can be better than that))))))) If you have to visit many clinics in order to choose the best, do it without hesitatiions)
V_Vegas

Postby V_Vegas » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:38 am

Hell Ashton! how is your list doing there? Did you visit all the clinics around the world already?:) Maybe you will be so kind to share the results of your research with us? this information will be useful for all gay couples here. It would be a good idea to create the web resource which would contain the brief information of all the existing agencies and clinics, and I am sure that someone is already working on a project like that. Of course, one clinic is quite enough to achieve your goal. But if to mind all the diversity of cultural differences and the law differences in all the countries across the world, it becomes clear that there can be good and not very good choices of the clinics.

Return to “Surrogacy”