I want to adopt a child!

Tomy

I want to adopt a child!

Postby Tomy » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:43 pm

I have spent so much time to read thousand of stories about couples and single parents who adopted children. I don't want to use surrogacy motherhood, but just for comparison I have read about it as well.
I have found a lot of agencies for surrogacy programs, and cannot find the good one for adoption. I just need you to convince me that I will find it finally. I don’t want to give up! Will you share with me any information you know about process of adoption a child for gay couples? I know that you have some examples of successful adoption. Will you tell me these stories to cheer me up and encourage to make my dream about a child to come true?
Vincent

Re: I want to adopt a child!

Postby Vincent » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:29 am

I think it's possible. Also, I do not see any serious boundaries for this. I also think that you can adopt a child if you really want it. But it is important to take into account the laws of the state where you want to adopt a child, or the laws of this country. Also, I've seen one successful example of child adoption. They were my close friends. But I want to warn you, that they also had some problems in the way. First of all, they hired a qualified lawyer to defend their rights as future parents in front of government. It took a lot of time. In addition, social services checked their ability to provide the child. But in the end, they got what they wanted.
Endi

Postby Endi » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:37 pm

a lot of people are choosing adoption as the most comfortable way of having children. you see the child you want to have, you know everything about his or her health, and what is more important you ay choose the gender and the age of your child. i think that there are a lot of advantages of it. you will definitely be satisfied with everything. i think that the adoption of the child is not very easy, it is very long process and it definitely requires a lot of efforts and a lot of work, you have to be prepared to the child ad you have to choose the race and the age of the child if it matters for you.
Paul_O

Postby Paul_O » Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:13 am

Hey Tommy! First of all - never give up)) You wanted to hear some good stories about the adoption - though I can only tell you one good story about the surrogacy) I dont mean to convince you to change your mind about how to become a dad - but in my opinion - adoption is so much easier to do then surrogacy, that if someone succeeded in latter - you will succeed with the adoption as well) I have a gay couple from US who used a surrogate clinic in Boston to have a child.. They are happy dads now , and I am very happy for them. Though in the beginning they had some argues about what is better - the adoption or surrogacy... I need to ask them what was the main reason for them to choose the surrogacy in the end.
Adam

Postby Adam » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:40 pm

Hi, Tommy! You're happy that you decided to have a baby! Still, I think that adoption is not the only way out! There are certain pros and corns in both adoption and surrogacy motherhood. Nowadays, I think, male couples choose more surrogacy because it is more reliable and gives some benefits. To my mind, surrogacy motherhood is better. Moreover such a way to get a child gives a wonderful opportunity to have a genetic link with a baby. But adoption is also possible, but it takes more time, nerves and efforts. But if you want to get something you should take pains reaching your goal and I wish you to succeede in it!
Last edited by Adam on Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paul_O

Postby Paul_O » Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:13 am

I think that I must try to convince you to try surrogacy, on the second thought. That is much more expensive - yes, and raises more questions ion the beginning. But on the other hand - in legal terms - it is easier to make it that way, then to adopt the kid - I came to that conclusion after surfing several forums. Guys write that when a gay couple try to adopt a kid - that raises alot of intolerance and suspicions. You must understand that the institution of adoption is an old one - and traditional one. And people still treat with lot of prejudice towards LGBT. On the other hand - surrogate method is a new one and more integrated to the modern society with its diverse ways of life. That's why more and more gay couples these days decide to use that method.
Martin_T

Postby Martin_T » Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:00 pm

I have a story about my freinds. They wanted to have a baby very much so they decided to use the surrogacy program. They tried, but failed. And the matter was that they spent almost all the money they had. That's why they couldn't try it again! But it happened so that they've met one man who convinced them that they should try to adopt a child. They hesitated and decided to visit a special centre. And the very moment they came there they undrstood that it was their chance. Yes, the process was rather difficult and long. Their application was two times rejected, but they didn't give up! As a result they have 5 year old girl Susan and they love her very much!
Barboro

Postby Barboro » Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:01 pm

To be honest, I want to support you completely. In addition, I also have to make a difficult choice between adoption and surrogacy procedure. But in any case, I think I will choose adoption in spite of all the problems that I can meet on my way. First of all, I want to give a family and love of parents to a child who really needs all this. Choosing adoption you can help the child to see the world in good colors. You can help the child to feel that he is not alone in this world. And I also think that genes are not the most important thing.
Andreas_Maroon

Postby Andreas_Maroon » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:13 am

It was much easier with the adoption in 90's. After the USSR fallen apart - there existed a strong stereotype in the west, that people there are poor and miserable. There fore - several adoption programs were opened - and they have been quite popular, especially in US. And that gave a chance for a good life - and real benefits for many kids. Though in following years some really wild stuff started to appear on the news about abuse of kids there - and eventually many of these programs were closed. As I know - there doe exist some adoption programs for the kids from Africa and Middle East. So if you are ok to have a black kid - why would not you think about finding that program on the net?
Tomy

Postby Tomy » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:14 am

I am fine with adopting an African or Asian child. You advice is really useful. I think it will be fewer problems with adoption in a country where children really need help and need somebody to adopt them. I will search for the center that deals with adoption in Africa and Middle East. If my memory serves me right, Angeline Jolie has adopted an African child. I am not Angelina Jolie I know, but maybe it will work for me too. She gave a good example and I will try to follow it. Maybe I will spend so time in volunteering there. In this case I will know better all circumstances there, laws and opportunities for adoption. I will search for some information about adoption of African children in the Internet firstly.

Return to “Adoption”